Intelligent Door Lock Finicky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with their driver’s and passenger’s doors’ intelligent lock button? On my Gen 2 it worked flawlessly every time and was pretty sensitive, I barely had to nudge it for the doors to lock. On my Gen 3 I always have to try twice, and have to completely and deliberately press the button with my thumb to get it to lock. It hardly ever works on the first try.

The battery is good and at full charge, makes no difference.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the issue is it is no longer a button - it’s touch sensitive now. Kind of have to treat it differently, instead of a pinpoint press it’s more consistent with a deliberate covering of the button without as much pressure.

Also make sure you don’t grab the handle to trigger unlocking during it.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the issue is it is no longer a button - it’s touch sensitive now. Kind of have to treat it differently, instead of a pinpoint press it’s more consistent with a deliberate covering of the button without as much pressure.

Also make sure you don’t grab the handle to trigger unlocking during it.
The Gen 2 definitely wasn’t a button either, it was touch sensitive but just a bit bigger. I’m definitely not grabbing the handle, only using a finger to make contact with the small button on the outside of the handle.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 2 definitely wasn’t a button either, it was touch sensitive but just a bit bigger. I’m definitely not grabbing the handle, only using a finger to make contact with the small button on the outside of the handle.
Weird I remember my 2020 being a rubber dome like button you could press. 2021 is just a piece of plastic without any play.

You do have to touch / hold it for 1 second per the manual. I did have a learning curve at first but I haven't had any issues since.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weird, my 2020 had zero play, and if I made contact with it with the smallest possible amount of pressure, basically no pressure just contact, it would work every time. Interesting about 1 second, did not know that.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weird I remember my 2020 being a rubber dome like button you could press. 2021 is just a piece of plastic without any play.

You do have to touch / hold it for 1 second per the manual. I did have a learning curve at first but I haven't had any issues since.
So today I messed around with it for quite a bit making sure to keep my finger on it a bit longer, close to a second. Sure as s**t, it worked every time. Thanks @NJ2020!

The Gen 2 would immediately work the instant I touched it, guess the Gen 3 just needs the touch to be a bit longer. At least I’m not frustrated anymore.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Same result for me, I am glad to hear it's not just me. Oh well, just need to re-program my habits I guess.

So today I messed around with it for quite a bit making sure to keep my finger on it a bit longer, close to a second. Sure as s**t, it worked every time.

STOP TOUCHING IT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc