Inflatable seat recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should probably remove the car seat from the drivers side unless it's a little kid and using anchors

Bull65

Reaction score
My dealer called yesterday and said they now have a fix for the recall. So you should be able to buy a 2017 in the next few days. That means you might get a deal like mine - $1,000 over invoice!

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. March build.. I don't believe it's something that would cause imminent failure probably, just out of spec.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't even drive mine home yet. I just bought a new 2017 and the dealer won't release it until they have a fix for it.

I know the feeling........

That sucks sorry to hear this. I understand from a liability standpoint but that still stinks. Maybe you could type up a waiver and sign it releasing them of damages stating you will not use that seat until it is inspected or fixed and given the green light?

It is a $25K fine for EACH vehicle a dealership delivers that is affected by this recall so.... I doubt anyone is interested in working a sale just to get slapped with that hefty penalty!

My dealer called yesterday and said they now have a fix for the recall. So you should be able to buy a 2017 in the next few days. That means you might get a deal like mine - $1,000 over invoice!

Good to hear - the fix and not the $1K over. The only $1K I'm looking at is in my deposit but I'm paying MSRP on it like any sane person should! I saw all these dealers asking AND GETTING $1K below MSRP for trucks with 6,500 to 11,500 miles on them!!! You must have lost your mind....

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the feeling........

It is a $25K fine for EACH vehicle a dealership delivers that is affected by this recall so.... I doubt anyone is interested in working a sale just to get slapped with that hefty penalty!

Good to hear - the fix and not the $1K over. The only $1K I'm looking at is in my deposit but I'm paying MSRP on it like any sane person should! I saw all these dealers asking AND GETTING $1K below MSRP for trucks with 6,500 to 11,500 miles on them!!! You must have lost your mind....

Well, I got impatient and ended up buying a 2018 in Race Red. No regrets at all. I actually negotiated more for my trade in and ended up paying less for the 2018.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRUCK PASSED INSPECTION TODAY, will be released in Oasis by Tuesday at the latest, so I'm going to pick it up sometime next week!

Seems that each VIN is inspected by Ford directly and then approved for sale in which they're able to see the approval through a system called Oasis. If I knew any more than that, I'd tell you, but that's all they gave me over the phone today letting me know that it doesn't require the parts.

17lbraptor

Reaction score
Could anyone with an 18 model not involved in the recall please post some up close pics of the rivot/seat buckle assembly? I went to the dealer today and they had a 2017 that looked just like mine. Trying to figure out how a correct one should look.

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine into the dealer 2 days ago. He said every Ford dealer that sold a Raptor will be receiving a caliper like measuring device for this joint. If it fits over the top, it is within specifications.

After mine passed, he took me outside and showed me the joint and how they did the inspection (took maybe 5 minutes). I took pictures then on my phone of the joint to post on here figuring others might like to see a reference. Unfortunately I'm working tonight but I will try to get them on here tomorrow.

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the suspect bolt. It is the center belt behind the driver seat. In the photos, it is the bolt by the jumper cables at the base of the seatbelt receiver. Apparently some were not crimped flat enough. The tool sent to the dealerships will measure this. I don’t know about the fix since mine was okay and within specifications.

Attachments

• 56E0153C-F1FA-43B7-AD58-03E1CBD1D098.jpg
    56E0153C-F1FA-43B7-AD58-03E1CBD1D098.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 0D89F49B-D02E-48CA-BD97-A3726BB3FB9E.jpg
    0D89F49B-D02E-48CA-BD97-A3726BB3FB9E.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 40