Inflatable seat recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have started my search for a 2017 Raptor that does NOT have a safety recall. What I have found out is that 99% of the 2017's I have checked that are still for sell have the recall notice. If a dealer sells one of these raptors with a recall, they can be fine $20K!

I'll keep posting, but most likely every 2017 out there for sale is bad! So do not do what I did and spend half a day driving only to find out they can't sell it to you, because they don't check recalls until they draw up the paper work!

So far these are the trucks that I have check that do:
Sante Fe Ford, Florida
Spoke to Randy Holt 9/5/17 @ 5:30PM Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG6HFA94392

Mullinax Ford of Kissimmee, Florida
Spoke to Joe Kelly (said he sold 2) 9/5/17 @ 5:58 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG0HFC18169
VIN# 1FTFW1RG8HFB62630
VIN# 1FTFW1RG7HFC31226
VIN# 1FTFW1RG7HFC43358

Mullinax Ford of Mobile
Spoke to Tommy Davis 9/5/17 @ 6:02 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG2HFB62414
VIN# 1FTFW1RG3HFC42918

Mullinax Ford of New Smyrna Beach
9/5/17 @ 6:03 – could not reach
VIN# 1FTFW1RG0HFC22576

AutoNation Ford Sanford
Spoke to Rapheal Perz 9/5/17 @ 6:10 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG7HFC57955

Ford of Clermont, FL
Spoke to Ron Brainier 9/5/17 @ 6:16 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG3HFC82044

Akins Ford, GA
Spoke to Corey White @ 6:24 Did not know
1-888-365-5575
VIN# 1FTFW1RG9HFC92318

Mall of Georgia Ford, GA
Spoke to Steve Fricks @ 6:38 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG5HFB98484

One of those sold from the Kissimmee Mullinax Ford is mine. The more and more I have to wait for the "fix" to done before I can take it home, the more impatient I get. I am strongly considering buying a 2018 since I haven't signed all of my paperwork. No one seems to know when Ford will have a fix for this.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of those sold from the Kissimmee Mullinax Ford is mine. The more and more I have to wait for the "fix" to done before I can take it home, the more impatient I get. I am strongly considering buying a 2018 since I haven't signed all of my paperwork. No one seems to know when Ford will have a fix for this.

For what it's worth, my dealer said the inspection procedure and replacement part list will be released Oct 1st.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my dealer said the inspection procedure and replacement part list will be released Oct 1st.

And that's why I bought a 2018 today. Can't take it home until hurricane Irma passes through the state. My insurance company wouldn't let me add it to my policy until the storm passes. So now I have to sit and wait until at least Tuesday. I guess that better than waiting until October for a 2017.

Attachments

• IMG_9674.jpg
    IMG_9674.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that's why I bought a 2018 today. Can't take it home until hurricane Irma passes through the state. My insurance company wouldn't let me add it to my policy until the storm passes. So now I have to sit and wait until at least Tuesday. I guess that better than waiting until October for a 2017.

Love the red

Aren't you worried that you now own an uninsured vehicle that's parked outside right before Irma

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the red

Aren't you worried that you now own an uninsured vehicle that's parked outside right before Irma

I just have a $2,000 deposit on it. No one is running out to the dealership to buy any trucks while this storm approaches. I won't finalize my paperwork and cut them a check until after the hurricane. Although they wanted me to pay them and they'd sit on it, I told them I'd feel much more comfortable paying for the rest until after the storm. They assured me that the truck will sit inside one of their bays during the hurricane so nothing risks the deal from falling through.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has not released its inspection criteria yet, but this is the only thing I found that resembles the listed problem.

But only the left side (driver side) is affected? Passenger side rear is fine?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Pass shows Recall Notice:

Recall date: Aug 28, 2017
Recall title: Left Hand Rear Seatbelt Buckle Inspection
NHTSA Recall Number: Awaiting#
Ford Recall Number: 17C12
Risk to Safety: Inadequate rivet head thickness may allow separation of the left rear inflatable seat belt buckle from its mounting bracket during a crash increasing the risk of injury
Remedy Program: Owners will be notified by mail and instructed to take their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealer to have the Left Rear Selt Belt Buckle assembly rivet head thickness inspected....will be replaced if the rivet is found to be inadequate...

Sletcher

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Right rear is a different configuration. Has to do with the 30/60 rear seat split; this assembly is in the middle of the /60 bench.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Each rear belt is attached with a different method. Flip up the seat and it is pretty obvious which one is affected and why the others are not.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Each rear belt is attached with a different method. Flip up the seat and it is pretty obvious which one is affected and why the others are not.

Got car seats across the back and can't flip seats up without removal. Thanks guys for the info.