Inflatable seat recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17lbraptor

Reaction score
It would be nice if someone with an 18 could take a closeup pic of the drivers side rear seat buckle to compare to. That could help ease some of us. I'll try to get to a dealer with an 18 for a pic if possible. I looked at mine today and it's hard to tell what the appropriate thickness is suppose to be without having one to compare to.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't even drive mine home yet. I just bought a new 2017 and the dealer won't release it until they have a fix for it.

17lbraptor

Reaction score
Can't even drive mine home yet. I just bought a new 2017 and the dealer won't release it until they have a fix for it.

That sucks sorry to hear this. I understand from a liability standpoint but that still stinks. Maybe you could type up a waiver and sign it releasing them of damages stating you will not use that seat until it is inspected or fixed and given the green light?

Bull65

Reaction score
I'm Mad!!!

Tried to buy a 2017 today. The dealer didn't know about the recall. I was about to sign the paper work and said, "hey did you fix the recall issue yet?" The dealer didn't know about it. Now they can't sell it to me until it gets fixed!!!! I wish I had read this sooner - I would have not mentioned it if I knew it would block the sell.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called my dealer to schedule the inspection and he said this is an advance notice and Ford has not published instructions on how to do the inspection or the replacement parts list. He said they won't have anything on this recall until October 1st. Did anyone else call their dealer? Did they get the same, or a different response from their dealer?

I have kids sitting in the back so I would like to get this addressed ASAP.
exact same answer. no fix or parts yet. just advance warning. just dont sit on back left seat and get in a wreck :ROFLJest: oct 1 more info will be provided on the fix. he did say it was the bolt that holds it down can come loose in a accident situation which a passenger can be ejected.

Last edited:

Bull65

Reaction score
So how come I can't buy a 2017 Ford Raptor because of the recall, while others can drive it with no fix in the near future?

FYI – there are also almost 600 2017 Ford Raptors on Autotrader for sale! I guess they also didn’t get the memo!

When I called Ford customer service they said it’s not their fault the dealer didn’t know about it.

Anyone up for a class action lawsuit?

Bull65

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have started my search for a 2017 Raptor that does NOT have a safety recall. What I have found out is that 99% of the 2017's I have checked that are still for sell have the recall notice. If a dealer sells one of these raptors with a recall, they can be fine $20K!

I'll keep posting, but most likely every 2017 out there for sale is bad! So do not do what I did and spend half a day driving only to find out they can't sell it to you, because they don't check recalls until they draw up the paper work!

So far these are the trucks that I have check that do:
Sante Fe Ford, Florida
Spoke to Randy Holt 9/5/17 @ 5:30PM Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG6HFA94392

Mullinax Ford of Kissimmee, Florida
Spoke to Joe Kelly (said he sold 2) 9/5/17 @ 5:58 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG0HFC18169
VIN# 1FTFW1RG8HFB62630
VIN# 1FTFW1RG7HFC31226
VIN# 1FTFW1RG7HFC43358

Mullinax Ford of Mobile
Spoke to Tommy Davis 9/5/17 @ 6:02 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG2HFB62414
VIN# 1FTFW1RG3HFC42918

Mullinax Ford of New Smyrna Beach
9/5/17 @ 6:03 – could not reach
VIN# 1FTFW1RG0HFC22576

AutoNation Ford Sanford
Spoke to Rapheal Perz 9/5/17 @ 6:10 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG7HFC57955

Ford of Clermont, FL
Spoke to Ron Brainier 9/5/17 @ 6:16 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG3HFC82044

Akins Ford, GA
Spoke to Corey White @ 6:24 Did not know
1-888-365-5575
VIN# 1FTFW1RG9HFC92318

Mall of Georgia Ford, GA
Spoke to Steve Fricks @ 6:38 Did not know
VIN# 1FTFW1RG5HFB98484

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just looked at my April build and the rivet cap seems pretty darn thin to me. (The rivet in question is obvious when you flip up the seat and look where the buckle attaches to the truck.) Probably wouldn't take a whole lot of torque to pop it off and then passenger is free to fly about the cabin.

If Ford tries to tell me mine is fine, I'll probably drill it and replace it with a more substantial bolt and nut. In the meantime I swapped car seats so that side is clipped in using the carseat attach points instead of the seatbelt.

Sletcher

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the rivet that's being referred to?

Attachments

• IMG_4360.JPG
    IMG_4360.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 72