Icon 3.0 Installation, Testing, and Review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueSVT

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats the first I have heard that comparison. Thats very interesting....They have the same volume chambers? maybe this is a matter i should search...I am a total shock newbie, so pardon my retarded questions.

I am intrigued by icon, my buddy Robert worked with them for a while on some shocks for his dodge cummins...Needless to say i was impressed with the product.
No, the Icon's use a true 3" internal piston... the Fox 3.0's are actually using a 2.5" piston.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats the first I have heard that comparison. Thats very interesting....They have the same volume chambers? maybe this is a matter i should search...I am a total shock newbie, so pardon my retarded questions.

I am intrigued by icon, my buddy Robert worked with them for a while on some shocks for his dodge cummins...Needless to say i was impressed with the product.

ZETA Ford SVT Raptor Shocks are a true 3.0”(inside and out), three tube External Bypass shock. These are far from the norm when compared to a traditional bypass shock you see on Trophy Trucks and other off-road race vehicles. Each bypass valve has a specific port design and individually equipped with a different spring rate to ensure proper performance at each zone of shock travel.

-Greg

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great write up. Sometime in the spring I want to do shocks, this write up is making me give icon another look. You say out of the box the ride height is comparable to top on the stockers. Is there the ability to go lower, say like the mid perch height, and is there any negated shock performance by doing so?

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting, would be a good idea if someone came up with a good thread comparing all the pros and cons between the 3 major brands, FOX ICON and KING. I need to do more reading before I decide which brand I would go with as I currently know very little and need to educate myself on them.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting, would be a good idea if someone came up with a good thread comparing all the pros and cons between the 3 major brands, FOX ICON and KING. I need to do more reading before I decide which brand I would go with as I currently know very little and need to educate myself on them.

You read my mind... I am working on something right now... Stay tuned..

View attachment 12707

This is for Treypal (since he is a big Bilstien fan) When I talked to ICON they told me that they have Bilstein make their shock body's for some of their shocks and then they install their own valving.

Oh yeah... Made in the USA!

-Greg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlueSVT

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great write up. Sometime in the spring I want to do shocks, this write up is making me give icon another look. You say out of the box the ride height is comparable to top on the stockers. Is there the ability to go lower, say like the mid perch height, and is there any negated shock performance by doing so?
Yeah, it can still be dropped down a bit... we left it where it is, but I believe we can go another inch or so lower, closer to the middle perch setting.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it can still be dropped down a bit... we left it where it is, but I believe we can go another inch or so lower, closer to the middle perch setting.

Cool cool. Well I'm interested to hear the 1000 post review.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if the 3.0 shocks will cause the same problems that Raptor owners are having on top perch? Like the front shafts premature failure, binding and the boots getting ripped up, or will Icon UCA and coil overs solve this problem somehow.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You read my mind... I am working on something right now... Stay tuned..

View attachment 12707

This is for Treypal (since he is a big Bilstien fan) When I talked to ICON they told me that they have Bilstein make their shock body's for some of their shocks and then they install their own valving.

Oh yeah... Made in the USA!

-Greg

Hey guys just wanted make sure you know what the scoop is.....ICON makes all our shocks and products in house from our 2.0 aluminum series, 2.5's and 3.0's. We did at one time sell a 5100 series 2.0 basic shock from Bilstein that was private label built for us, but that ended a year and a half ago. Those were mainly sold with our Stage 1 Ford Superduty kits and Toyota rear applications combined with our 2.5 front coil over shocks. Bilstein has never made component parts for any of the rebuildable shocks we manufacture, as we machine and assemble every single rebuildable shock in one of our 3 - 50k sqft facilities in Riverside, CA. Just wanted to give you all the low down and for everyone to know ICON is truly Made in the USA and we are very proud to be able to say that!!!

Last edited:

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy sold a brand new set of these last month for $3600 shipped cuz he was getting rid of his Raptor. So wanted to pull the trigger but didn't have the funds at the time. Someone got a SCREAMING deal!!!