How do you know if a dealer really has an allocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tex7432

Reaction score
a hole in the wall town in what is now called Idah
There's still confusion as to how this works, actual builds are spaced thru the year per dealer

2 dealers, A has 12 spots while B only has 2

Ford will pull 1 build/mo from A while B will have to wait 6+ months before the 2nd spot gets pulled

That makes sense to a certain extent, but it doesn't seem fair to customers to have an order in the system and get passed over in favor of bigger dealers. What would be the downside to a small dealer getting 2 spots, getting and selling them both, and then having to wait to get another allocation?

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not true. mine had 3, 1 per month. mine was their 3rd and it was pulled in dec.

Last edited:

Tex7432

Reaction score
a hole in the wall town in what is now called Idah
not true. mine had 3, 1 per month. mine was their 3rd and it was pulled in dec.

Well, I'm glad it worked out for you, but so far as I can tell your experience is far from typical.

Or I guess I should say, stories like yours are part of the reason the whole process is frustrating for the rest of us who have no idea when we're going to get our trucks. Personally, both the dealer and ford customer service can tell me that my order is in, but they have no idea when it will be built. It seems pretty arbitrary to me

Last edited:

Ochocoronas

Reaction score
This is just another day in the park for a lot of Porsche owners. This is exactly how they operate. Nobody knows anything until you get your vin number. It takes the whole experience of buying a car to a new level. Hunting to find an allocation at MSRP is a hoot. LOL..I remember tracking the ship " Kentucky Highway " my car came over on. In many ways the F150 is like a 911. Similar body styles with about 20 different models and 100s of options.

I know everyone will get a Raptor who wants one. Did anybody miss out in Gen1? I would be willing to bet the Gen2 sells for under MSRP in the coming months. Hard to believe there is enough people to pay $65k for a specialized truck at the numbers they are pumping out. Gen 1 was priced just right IMO. Gen2 is a reach. China is the key to this whole mess. If the US market slows they will just start shipping more to them keeping our prices up. The demand over there for these trucks is supposedly Uber crazy.

Last edited:

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad it worked out for you, but so far as I can tell your experience is far from typical.

Or I guess I should say, stories like yours are part of the reason the whole process is frustrating for the rest of us who have no idea when we're going to get our trucks. Personally, both the dealer and ford customer service can tell me that my order is in, but they have no idea when it will be built. It seems pretty arbitrary to me

from my understanding there is quite a bit that goes into it, just be patient. if they have an allocation your going to get a truck.

im still waiting on mine, its stuck in a rail car in NY since we have been getting hammered with shit weather. was supposed to be delivered tomorrow but not looking that way. maybe another week or two.