How do you know if a dealer really has an allocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kieth

Reaction score
I talked to my dealer earlier in the week and I was told that they do not always get the same number of allocations each month. I know what number I am in their lot but it could be February, March, or later depending on how many they get each month. Also I only had to put 500 down, not sure why they want so much down.

Julnov

Reaction score
I have a similar situation. My dealer claims to have an allocation to be sold at MSRP but that they won't be able to actually order it until March. Wanted a 5k deposit. Does this sound normal?

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a similar situation. My dealer claims to have an allocation to be sold at MSRP but that they won't be able to actually order it until March. Wanted a 5k deposit. Does this sound normal?

You need to clarify if they can't order it until March or if their allocation won't be pulled / scheduled until March. If the former, that doesn't sound right, they should be able to place an order at any time.

If they are saying the order won't be scheduled until March, that sounds plausible.

Julnov

Reaction score
You need to clarify if they can't order it until March or if their allocation won't be pulled / scheduled until March. If the former, that doesn't sound right, they should be able to place an order at any time.

If they are saying the order won't be scheduled until March, that sounds plausible.

Thanks for the help. I'll get clarification from them on Monday.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'll get clarification from them on Monday.

Hopefully they offer genuine clarity. My dealer told me December/January delivery, at latest ETA, when I ordered back in July. Fast forward to today....and I'm exactly in the same position as when I placed my order with the dealer--"unscheduled clean" and "order processing". It is not my intention to throw negativity your way, just as you start this process, but a number of people have very much been disappointed with the lack of constructive progression in what has blossomed into a very sad saga.

DarinT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is amazing, and pathetic, that some who have ordered Raptors "months ago" are not receiving their Raptors, and that someone can order theirs 30 days ago and can receive them before the standing orders? Crazy!!

DocBach

Reaction score
It is amazing, and pathetic, that some who have ordered Raptors "months ago" are not receiving their Raptors, and that someone can order theirs 30 days ago and can receive them before the standing orders? Crazy!!

could be waiting on the carbon fiber or beadlocked wheels

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes reads like he's being honest and is on top of how the allocation to build process actually works

He has an allocation (which are spread out thru the year)

He knows it will be pulled around Mar