How do you know if a dealer really has an allocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tex7432

Reaction score
a hole in the wall town in what is now called Idah
It is amazing, and pathetic, that some who have ordered Raptors "months ago" are not receiving their Raptors, and that someone can order theirs 30 days ago and can receive them before the standing orders? Crazy!!

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. It seems to me as if Ford's allocation process is ******** over both dealers and customers. I don't know if it's a case of the largest dealers getting preferential allocations over smaller ones or what, but it is frustrating.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Allocation is based off vehicles sold. A big city dealer that doesn't sell a lot of F150 will get less than a small country store that sells a ton of trucks. If you placed the order 6 months ago and you are number 12 and the dealer can only get 2 a month then you will be waiting for awhile. A smaller dealer might only get 1 truck a month but they don't have any orders placed giving someone the possibility of getting an order in a delivered while the other person is sitting waiting. There is nothing wrong with Fords process, just guys not understanding what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. It seems to me as if Ford's allocation process is ******** over both dealers and customers. I don't know if it's a case of the largest dealers getting preferential allocations over smaller ones or what, but it is frustrating.

Larger dealers get more allocation hence more build slots. Pretty much common sense for Ford to sell product where it is most likely to move.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's considered a large allocation of Raptors? For example my Idaho dealer had allocation for 17. From what I've seen, that falls toward the upper middle. I don't think they've received more than a couple so far. I am #6 of 17 and still not scheduled (Sept 15 order)

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what's considered a large allocation of Raptors? For example my Idaho dealer had allocation for 17. From what I've seen, that falls toward the upper middle. I don't think they've received more than a couple so far. I am #6 of 17 and still not scheduled (Sept 15 order)

My large dealer also had 17 and that is the largest "confirmed" number I've seen. There may be some higher, but I highly doubt there are many.

Some idiot posted about a dealer with over 50 or something outrageous, I think he was fed a line of BS.

Tex7432

Reaction score
a hole in the wall town in what is now called Idah
Larger dealers get more allocation hence more build slots. Pretty much common sense for Ford to sell product where it is most likely to move.

Yeah but what I'm referring to is orders being placed with some dealers months ago not getting pulled and some people being able to place an order and get their truck in 30 days

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but what I'm referring to is orders being placed with some dealers months ago not getting pulled and some people being able to place an order and get their truck in 30 days

There's still confusion as to how this works, actual builds are spaced thru the year per dealer

2 dealers, A has 12 spots while B only has 2

Ford will pull 1 build/mo from A while B will have to wait 6+ months before the 2nd spot gets pulled

Dealer B sells both of his spots in Aug 2016

Yet, I find dealer A who has an unclaimed build starting next week, order and boom get my truck months before whoever ordered from dealer B even though all B's orders were placed last summer

Order timing has very little to do with build timing

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think where Ford Marketing wants trucks on the street comes into play with how dealer allocations are pulled, assuming parts are available. I can pretty much guarantee you TX / AZ get allocations pulled early.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think where Ford Marketing wants trucks on the street comes into play with how dealer allocations are pulled, assuming parts are available. I can pretty much guarantee you TX / AZ get allocations pulled early.

yeah, unfortunately my small dealer in Maine with ONE allocation isnt moving too fast