how do i contact ford about ongoing issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Don’t pay over for a new truck, no matter how much you think it’s going to be better, insurance and resale doesn’t cover ADM. Sure, if you find a gen3, go for it, but don’t lose your lunch over it.

I’d suggest you start documenting, documenting, documenting. make sure your next service ticket says something like ‘truck has been in for the same problem umpteen times, same issue, concerns not addressed’, etc. The S/A is usually reluctant to write stuff like that. Insist. Follow up with your regional guy and get a loaner. It sound like your truck will drain the battery in pretty short order, so they shouldn’t need to spend a cr@p ton on you having a fleet car that the G/M would taking home anyway - offer to drop him/her off on the way home ;-) when it doesn’t start, tell them to figure it out.

I know, it’s easy for us to armchair quarter back this, and it’s frustrating, but I think they can fix this.

905_Raptor

Reaction score
FWIW, my 2019 was draining the battery quite quickly as well. I then experienced the alarm being triggered multiple times for no reason that was obvious. Dealer subsequently diagnosed a faulty security system sensor (located within the overhead upfitter switch panel) and it was replaced. Since then, no battery issues.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Check out lemon law.
he’s not there yet and the times have changed since the 80’s and 90’s when the concept of a ‘voluntary’ vehicle buy back was unheard of. lemon lawsuits take several months to resolve, cost you upfront money in some cases, and prolongs everything IF you have an issue that can technically be resolved. This is a last resort and this user isn’t there yet.

It’s a frustrating issue, for sure, but should be fixable.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question, how long do you drive your truck everyday? I daily mine too but i've noticed its not really long enough to fully charge the battery, but it is enough to start the truck every morning. obviously yours has a draw somewhere but i figured id through that out there.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question, how long do you drive your truck everyday? I daily mine too but i've noticed its not really long enough to fully charge the battery, but it is enough to start the truck every morning. obviously yours has a draw somewhere but i figured id through that out there.
50 miles on average, some days i do a lot more. there's been weeks where i put like 1000 miles on it.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, my 2019 was draining the battery quite quickly as well. I then experienced the alarm being triggered multiple times for no reason that was obvious. Dealer subsequently diagnosed a faulty security system sensor (located within the overhead upfitter switch panel) and it was replaced. Since then, no battery issues.
i wouldn't doubt it if it was related. that's why i mentioned it to the service advisor but they didn't write it down in the paperwork all the previous visits to the dealership.

this is pretty much how every previous visit has gone with zero exaggeration:

me: "truck is draining battery and the alarm goes off constantly without anyone being near the truck"
service advisor: "customer complains of faulty battery, tech determined faulty battery, replaced with new battery."

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i wouldn't doubt it if it was related. that's why i mentioned it to the service advisor but they didn't write it down in the paperwork all the previous visits to the dealership.

this is pretty much how every previous visit has gone with zero exaggeration:

me: "truck is draining battery and the alarm goes off constantly without anyone being near the truck"
service advisor: "customer complains of faulty battery, tech determined faulty battery, replaced with new battery."
Well, it's time to be a lot more blunt and forward with your complaint. Lean in towards the service advisor and make sure it's all in writing, if they don't put it all in writing, ask them what are you hiding? Don't they write it all up and then make you sign it when you hand over the keys? That's how it's been done at every stealership I've been to.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
If it's draining that fast then as mentioned it shouldn't be that hard to diagnose.

I know back in 2019 several people noticed that the secondary positive wire connection on the battery was loose, I checked mine and it was also very loose. Probably not your issue but very easy to check.