how do i contact ford about ongoing issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hate ford so much. no one wants to loan a truck until it's diagnosed...aka, wait however long it takes the mouthbreathers to figure out what is wrong and THEN we can cover a vehicle for the one or two days that it will take to fix it since dianosing is the longest part of the process lol.

**** ford. and the dealerships. :mad:

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all understand you’re frustrated. I would be as well. I suspect you have another parasitic drain issue going on somewhere on your Raptor. It takes a talented tech to find it. Before Ford even considers a buyback…they will send their Regional Field Engineer to the dealership in an attempt to resolve the issue. As always… @FordTechOne provided great advice on how to proceed and IMO should have been followed. Good luck on getting this matter resolved!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no lights or anything like that. if i leave the camera on, the battery will die in a couple of hours lol.

i opened a case with ford requesting a buyback, just waiting to hear back from the service advisor to see when i can drop off the truck since they are busy (as all the surrounding dealerships seem to be). just wish they had a loaner raptor lol.
Ford will probably try to buy it back at depreciated value and then sell it for a big profit. Be careful what you ask for.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford will probably try to buy it back at depreciated value and then sell it for a big profit. Be careful what you ask for.
Exactly. Unless the company literally states that they cannot fix the vehicle, buyback makes no sense. Have the field rep come and repair it, if it's pulling enough amperage to drain the battery overnight it should be easy to find.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all understand you’re frustrated. I would be as well. I suspect you have another parasitic drain issue going on somewhere on your Raptor. It takes a talented tech to find it. Before Ford even considers a buyback…they will send their Regional Field Engineer to the dealership in an attempt to resolve the issue. As always… @FordTechOne provided great advice on how to proceed and IMO should have been followed. Good luck on getting this matter resolved!
thanks. i did follow the advice.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they fix it, i will keep it. but i need the battery and alarm issues fixed. i just bought a new ADD bumper and light bar. was going to put a tuner and aftermarket intercooler but figured that ford would pin the fault on the aftermarket stuff.

i had to show the service advisor that the dash cam was in no way connected to the car for him to believe that it wasn't the camera's fault lol. they didn't even address the alarm issue despite me calling daily reminding him "hey the battery is just one of the issues, please check the alarm". never got addressed.

if i find a 37 gen3, i'd trade this truck in a heartbeat if the adm was decent enough. this is not worth getting worked up about it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if they fix it, i will keep it. but i need the battery and alarm issues fixed. i just bought a new ADD bumper and light bar. was going to put a tuner and aftermarket intercooler but figured that ford would pin the fault on the aftermarket stuff.

i had to show the service advisor that the dash cam was in no way connected to the car for him to believe that it wasn't the camera's fault lol. they didn't even address the alarm issue despite me calling daily reminding him "hey the battery is just one of the issues, please check the alarm". never got addressed.

if i find a 37 gen3, i'd trade this truck in a heartbeat if the adm was decent enough. this is not worth getting worked up about it.
Yeah, a Gen 3, would be awesome, could happen, some are trickling in, have you checked your dealers inventory for expected deliveries?

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a Gen 3, would be awesome, could happen, some are trickling in, have you checked your dealers inventory for expected deliveries?
calling around right now. i found a dealership (apparently the only one in town) that does MSRP but they are 120 orders deep lol.

i'd pay 10k abover msrp for a 37 in silver right now. thats how desperate i am to move on from this headache with ford. ford, if you're listening...icon silver 37 pkg, we'll forget ALL about this issue.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
calling around right now. i found a dealership (apparently the only one in town) that does MSRP but they are 120 orders deep lol.

i'd pay 10k abover msrp for a 37 in silver right now. thats how desperate i am to move on from this headache with ford. ford, if you're listening...icon silver 37 pkg, we'll forget ALL about this issue.
Yeah, ha ha, Silver will be a tough one to find, lowest ordered color I think lately. Definitely a unicorn.