how do i contact ford about ongoing issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck is a year old, bought it new from the dealership. has 17k miles. has been having issues with killing batteries. this is the 4th battery ford has replaced for free. everytime i take it in, it's the same old story "we need to witness the problem for ourselves in order to investigate, so here's a new battery, good luck".

actually, the 3rd replacement, after a lot of ********, they did to a test for parasitic draws and determined the lojack system was the parasitic draw while the truck was off, so they removed it and slapped a new battery on and promised it was all good. welp, 2 weeks later the new battery died. i jumped it, worked fine for a month, now it's completely dead again. keep in mind i daily this truck so it gets charged daily while i am driving. yesterday i didn't drive it at all so no surprise why it died. the only aftermarket thing is the dash cam that isn't hooked up, it's just on the window but i haven't had time to wire it in or anything like that since the battery began dying.

what do i do? i legitimately feel like letting it rack up days at the dealership until it qualifies for a lemon. the alarm goes off when i lock the truck for no good reason as well. i am sick of this ****. try to explain to a normal person why your 65k dollar truck can't be locked when you go to the store or why you carry a battery jumper in your front seat.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You’re going back to the same service department? get the service manager involved, if not already.
We had user, many moons ago who had a parasitic draw. what was happening was after shutdown, the sync screen would fire back up after some set period of time. I presume a bunch of other stuff like gps would get started too. I think that user’s dealership put a camera in the cab and caught it.

You’re right, this shouldn’t be happening. Make sure service manager knows, and understands that.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry about your bad luck, this isn't your trucks fault that this is continuing to happen or yours, it's the dealership you are going to. Either go to another dealer or phone Ford customer service and get a field representative to come out and oversee the issue. Sounds like your dealer is completely useless.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you have had it in for 3X with a dealership and its all been noted with your VIN - talk to service manager and have him state "that customer wants buyback". Ford will send someone from Detroit to come and find your problem. Happened with my truck and after multiple dealer visits, the tech that came down figured it out and fixed it instantly.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow man so sorry about your situation, it sounds like you have been a VERY patient person with this dealership. I'm not sure I could do it and would of definitely lost my sh$&@t by the 3rd visit.
You have received a lot of good replies and options already, I'm sorry I can't add much as a solution but I'm sure if you do as these other guys have suggested you'll get resolution one way or another. Damn you shouldn't be having these issues with such a new truck. Sounds like something crazy with the BCM (body control module) or something like that. You'd think with all their fancy scanners they'd be able to locate the problem without much issue. Keep us posted on what they end up doing and I wish you the best possible outcome.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. Call Ford Customer Care
800-392-3673
2. Open a case for repair assistance
3. Request that they send a Field Engineer. There is one assigned to every dealer region.
THIS!!! And don't feel bad about phoning either, get this going, so you and your truck can sleep at night peacefully!

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your bad luck, this isn't your trucks fault that this is continuing to happen or yours, it's the dealership you are going to. Either go to another dealer or phone Ford customer service and get a field representative to come out and oversee the issue. Sounds like your dealer is completely useless.
camelback ford for anyone wondering. they are useless. unless of course you've bought a lot of vehicle from them, then they treat you like a king.

i purchased it from surprise ford, which is out of my way. though they haven't been very unresponsive when i asked about trading it in for a gen3. last message i got from the salesperson i bought this truck from was "let me ask my gm" yesterday and no response since.

so in other words, you get treated like a peasant unless you're a repeat customer that buys a new truck every cycle.

i am on the phone with ford right now as some of you suggested and will request a buyback.

i love the truck otherwise, but it's silly waking up everyday wondering if it will turn on.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@FordTechOne knows how to cut through the red tape as best as possible.

I had to go back and re-read to be sure there were no mods. Maybe try leaving the camera on, but put it on the center console pointing at the dash and see if you get activity from the sync or dash screen after shut down.

Any lights / relays?
I ask because I wired in a set of rear facing squadrons and thought I was clever as could be with my weather proof relay. Only it wasn’t weather or water ‘proof’. One night I looked out my back window and saw the neighbor’s yard lit up and though ‘Terry must have left the porch lights on’. Next night, same thing. A few days later, I get out and spy light pointing rearward after I shut down and sure enough, my rear facing lights are on. I cycle the up fitter and off they go. it was wired to light up on reverse or up fitter 6.
Next day, same thing, only this time lights don’t extinguish. <-- this was clueful.

I crawl under and pull the relay apart and sure enough - water soaked, weather proof connection be damned. I’d only been on road, regular rainfall, not blasting puddles or off road anywhere. I swapped relays, repositioned, and wrapped the relay and have not had the issue since.

so if you have any other stuff on the truck electrical in nature, maybe take a look.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FordTechOne knows how to cut through the red tape as best as possible.

I had to go back and re-read to be sure there were no mods. Maybe try leaving the camera on, but put it on the center console pointing at the dash and see if you get activity from the sync or dash screen after shut down.

Any lights / relays?
I ask because I wired in a set of rear facing squadrons and thought I was clever as could be with my weather proof relay. Only it wasn’t weather or water ‘proof’. One night I looked out my back window and saw the neighbor’s yard lit up and though ‘Terry must have left the porch lights on’. Next night, same thing. A few days later, I get out and spy light pointing rearward after I shut down and sure enough, my rear facing lights are on. I cycle the up fitter and off they go. it was wired to light up on reverse or up fitter 6.
Next day, same thing, only this time lights don’t extinguish. <-- this was clueful.

I crawl under and pull the relay apart and sure enough - water soaked, weather proof connection be damned. I’d only been on road, regular rainfall, not blasting puddles or off road anywhere. I swapped relays, repositioned, and wrapped the relay and have not had the issue since.

so if you have any other stuff on the truck electrical in nature, maybe take a look.
no lights or anything like that. if i leave the camera on, the battery will die in a couple of hours lol.

i opened a case with ford requesting a buyback, just waiting to hear back from the service advisor to see when i can drop off the truck since they are busy (as all the surrounding dealerships seem to be). just wish they had a loaner raptor lol.