Hood Light Mounts Install Walk Thru (Lots o pics!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL I'm workin on it B! Hell I still don't have tires! Startin to stress a lil bit ;)

Soon on both thou. Ill get'er done.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something kinda cool about these LightForces is that their beam pattern is adjustable from full flood to full spot, and that their lenses are interchangeable between diffuse and clear, and all sorts of colors. I've had a set of amber filters sitting around unused forever... and if I plan to keep lights up there in California I need to cover them... and the covers for these LightForces are around $25 each!...

So I got busy with some sand paper and black spraypaint, and viola
7.jpg

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

Still not great, but muuuuch better. Now all that's missing is some sort of while logo/decal right in the center there, eh? :wink:

By the way, here's what things look like from inside the cab
3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

And here's the (lack of) clearance I was talking about
5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Looks perfect!!! If you decide to go a different route let me know if you want to get rid of those bad boys!!!

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL you are too funny B. I'll let ya know for sure :)

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok here are a couple (crappy) shots from where my eyes are inside the cab with the lights on.

1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

I've run around the farmland out here for about 30 mins so far with these on and don't feel any added eye strain. I think I'm good to go!

PS: These Lightforces are insane. I'm really looking forward to comparing them against some other HID options on the upcoming Mojave trip, but I'm having a hard time imagining something throwing more light further than these! For some perspective, that garage door in the picture is maybe 80 feet away.

shakenbake

Reaction score
looks great. i would love to see someone fab a police-style mount that you cab ai a spot-beam(or two) via...

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
That is the perfect mounting position for those lights. LF does distance VERY well and you have got to love that adjustable beam! Once you get a LED setup down below you will have the best of both worlds! I wonder what my 240s would look like up there?? :crazy:

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure this weekend of seeing this setup on Big J's, B Stoner's and Outlaw Raptors. There is only one thing left to do....get mine on order today!!!!!

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BigJ... got any pics of your wiring for these? I'm especially interested in where you grounded your drivers side light... and where you ran your wires to tie the lights together. I got my HIDX lights in yesterday from Alternative Offroad and since I haven't gotten my mounts yet, I wanted to get a jump start on the wiring.