Body Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their body mounts on their Gen 1? I know there's options to do the solid mounts, but I did not want to go that route yet. So trying to get a set of body mounts has proven to be quite challenging. You can look at O'reilly, Autozone, Rock Auto, Etc. I can only find the 624-064 variant. The aftermarket silicone body mounts don't seem to be made for the newer trucks. Stops at around 2008.

Here is a link to all of the ford oem part numbers. https://www.fordoempartsdirect.com/...aptor--6-2l-v8-gas/body--frame-and-components
I priced these through a local ford dealer and it's coming up to be over $800 in just the body mount parts. That's ridiculous.

You can get on ebay and amazon and source the parts through multiple buys and acquire the parts. That'd work if someone actually thought out the process and planned for it. But oh no. Not me.

I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on the ford parts.

Does anyone have other options? Might save someone time and $$ down the road.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Have 6 of the 8 body mounts swapped out. This has gotten stupid expensive. $1600 into it so far and the shop charges $75/hr. I used 2 body mounts from O'Reilly. That was around $120 in parts. The 6 from FORD though, 4 were in stock. I went ahead and paid for all 6. That was $880 in stupid frigging body mounts, plus the $120 from O'Reilly. $1000 for stupid body mounts. The 2 that were back ordered from FORD came in on Friday, so I'll have them changed this week. For what it's worth - The cab inside is much quieter. The drone from my exhaust is less. Driving on rock/dirt roads is quieter. Is it worth the $1750 I'm going to have in it? Hell no. Would I do it again? Hell no.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
I did the ones on my 78 cj7 years ago. Not nearly as fun from the sounds of it. It would slam so hard I kinda had no choice but to replace them. Points to you for doing what most people never even think about.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I did the ones on my 78 cj7 years ago. Not nearly as fun from the sounds of it. It would slam so hard I kinda had no choice but to replace them. Points to you for doing what most people never even think about.
Ditto, did them in my duramax. Worth every penny though lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter