Help.... AT or MT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I have had Cooper STT Pro and now I am on a set of Armstrong Desert Dog MT tires. I offroad a lot and these tires are great for that, but they are super smooth and quiet on the road as well, so a great all-around set.

121 Q , E (10 ply) - 3-ply Sidewalls

20230427_134749 (1).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Load ID = E, 10 ply rating

This is from the their site, does it answer the question?
The sidewall ply is different from the Load range. Most tires have a 2 ply sidewall and some have 3 ply. 3ply would be a bit stronger than the 2 ply.
Here is what my KM3s say. They are a load range D with a 3 ply sidewall.

Attachments

• 20230711_102812.jpg
    20230711_102812.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhh i kinda feel ya on that. I used to only wanna run MTs cause they looked beefy bruh. But let me tell ya.... the ride quality, winter performance and low noise level going down the highway... make your forget bout it. View attachment 415755
I know! I also ran and MT cause of looks and the 5-8% of the time I actually needed them. Starting to come to reality that an AT is prob best for my usage but still want something that looks good.
Beautiful truck!!

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then you should get the Falken Wildpeak RT and let us know how they go! if they are good prob my next tire.Falken-Wildpeak-RT-1-scaled.jpg

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had Cooper STT Pro and now I am on a set of Armstrong Desert Dog MT tires. I offroad a lot and these tires are great for that, but they are super smooth and quiet on the road as well, so a great all-around set.

121 Q , E (10 ply)

View attachment 415756
I had the STT pros before on my Jeep. Weak sidewall and refuse to run them again. I wheeled with them and had a ripped sidewall and then a blowout after a day on the trail with my at the time 4 year old in the jeep. Was doing 70 when she let go! No bueno. Only had 5k on them at the time and no warranty due to offroad use.
Never seen the Armstrong tires. I wonder how the road noise will be when you get some miles on those

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to looking more at Toyo Open Country RT Trail and Falken Wildpeak RT and both only come in a Load Range E in a 37x12.50r17. Wish they came in a D but....

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey @Keith88 how about some Ridge Grapplers?
I am gonna be honest and say that they were the worst tire I have ever owned. They look good and last a good while but off-road... meh... very heavy... and worst performing tire ive ever had in rain,ice,snow. Ever. I would say that the Maxxis Razr AT is far better alternative. And just so you know where my experiance comes from... I go through trucks allot.... and I was a service advisor/Accessories sales for a dealer for 7 years. Everything I say is just my opinion tho...