Help.... AT or MT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently put on some M/T Baja Legend EXP tires and am loving them after 3k miles.
So serious offroad but did well in the sand, dirt roads and NC clay mud that I come across frequently.
Quiet, great manners at high speeds and cornering, light, and expensive lol.
I seen those. Very light at 70# in 37x12.50r17. And on the cheaper end as well. I just wasn't sure how they would be in the dirt. Sounds like you dig em!
What is the sidewall ply? How big are the voids in the outer lugs and in between on the inner lugs?
Thanks!

Morgan

Reaction score
I have looked at them and they look great. Was hard to find specs on them when I was looking. Like weights and sidewall ply.
Thanks!

I think I'm eyeing these next- 65# and a long tread life.

35X12.50R17LT125QEBSW16.93541408.0-10.0-10.56734.512.5364065-602

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked much into the regular RT cause I had a friend who ran them and said he hated them. He swapped out to the KM3 after about 10k. Can't remember what or why he said he didn't like them but maybe I should look into them some more. Sounds like you have had great luck with them.
If and when you are going to replace them will you put on another set or switch to something else?
Thanks!
No, I really Ike them. Run them on my Raptor and Bronco. Tires are like oil threads. Everybody has a favorite, everybody has something they hate, LOL!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
back to tires...... the falkens will outperform bfg in every category. toyo was ok, havent tried mickey thompson. but im a tire shredder. i burn through tires way too fast. when i was testing tires for a manufacturer, the bfg tires lasted me 254 miles before i burned the tread off. the lowest of any tire i tested. the falkens lasted me almost 400 miles, and various outher tires over 300 miles.

OP
OP
dillard09

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
back to tires...... the falkens will outperform bfg in every category. toyo was ok, havent tried mickey thompson. but im a tire shredder. i burn through tires way too fast. when i was testing tires for a manufacturer, the bfg tires lasted me 254 miles before i burned the tread off. the lowest of any tire i tested. the falkens lasted me almost 400 miles, and various outher tires over 300 miles.
Wow!! 254 miles!! Thats a hell of a burnout! I like Falken tires and seems to be alot of people on the line that does too.. was leaning towards the AT3W but like the look of the Baja Boss AT as well.