Headlight and radio question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Day 3 of owning my truck, it was a little foggy this morning and the sun had not come all the way up, so the headlights came on. When they did I noticed that the radio reception went down, there was a lot of static in the radio. Anyone else had this problem, and if so what is the fix. Thanks

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well hell, I wish someone else was having or had the same problem so I could figure out what the problem was. I know if I take it into the dealership they will never be able to track it down. I wonder if I built or bought a headlight harness and ran it straight to the battery if that would fix it.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So slow down grasshopper... Lets figure out the actual problem first... If it is headlight related then every time you turn on your headlights the problem is there... Have you tested this...?

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So slow down grasshopper... Lets figure out the actual problem first... If it is headlight related then every time you turn on your headlights the problem is there... Have you tested this...?

Yea, everytime the headlights come on there is interference with the radio. Mostly while at idle, when pressing the throttle it seems to go away.