Gentlemen we can rebuild it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I pretty sure there won't be too many people who are willing to sell their wives entire shoe and purse collection to get this stage done to their truck.

However, that would be cool.

damn, that's funny. I thought I was the only one who used that to get what I want.

Wife: "Honey, I really want that new Chanel purse"

Me: "Well, sure, but I could really use a new M&R light system behind the grill"

Wife: "isn't that expensive?"

Me: "about 1/2 a Chanel Purse, or 1 pair of shoes"

Wife: "okay then"

only took me 25 years to figure out the currency exchange rate in marriages.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PROJECT X:

First thing I did upon returning home was get my truck over to DFW frame shop to get it checked out. Because of the left rear sag (turns out due to blown shock & bent leaf), they thought there might be some frame damage, but they did not want to touch it until after new frame kit and any other rear mods were installed.

Rock & Roll Offroad
These guys are nothing short of pure awesomeness. Jared immediately dubbed me "Project X" and they got busy heading me down the right path.

1) The original plan was an RPG Stage 3 kit / National leafs to eliminate all the wheel hop issues at speed. Went with +1 Standards so that later I could raise the front as high as I wanted. At my request, Jarret at RPG had a slight extra curve put in the left leaf to offset the extra weight on that side of my 200 lbs + a full tank of gas.

2) During the install, the R&R guys noticed that the left rear shock was blown (note the dirt accumulation where it leaked)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344525851.608923.jpg
They just happened to have set of Fox 3.0's and after talking to Panda (who was there helping out), I became convinced I should just spend the $$ to go that route instead of rebuilding the stocker. So now I am the proud owner of these!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344526154.251451.jpg

3) Hanging out at R&R all day gave me plenty of time to admire Panda's truck. (seems being around mods & modded-up Raptors is dangerous to the pocketbook). I managed to get Methods before the closed the shop doors.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344526982.763488.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey don't be kidnapping my rebuild slogan.

LPR 2.0 "Better, Stronger, Faster"

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/i-decided-do-rpg-stage-ross-15254/

Oh crap! And I thought I was being clever with that intro. I just realized that your post had a link & clicked it, so now I see what you mean... and you used the "bionic" part (sounds perfect considering all you are doing). Irratic poster here trying to keep up with forum every few days (work/family gets in the way) so I missed & had not seen your rebuild thread - which is Way Awesome! Damn. So this is what living vicariously feels like... Will definitely keep up with all you are doing. I'm just fixing the crap I broke, but you are blowing it up! BTW my minor mod-quest has been dubbed "Project X" by the guys at R&R so "better faster stronger" was never a slogan I wanted... It is definitely all you. I just thought it was a cool line, and didn't realize someone was actually making the six-million dollar truck haha!

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh crap! And I thought I was being clever with that intro. I just realized that your post had a link & clicked it, so now I see what you mean... and you used the "bionic" part (sounds perfect considering all you are doing). Irratic poster here trying to keep up with forum every few days (work/family gets in the way) so I missed & had not seen your rebuild thread - which is Way Awesome! Damn. So this is what living vicariously feels like... Will definitely keep up with all you are doing. I'm just fixing the crap I broke, but you are blowing it up! BTW my minor mod-quest has been dubbed "Project X" by the guys at R&R so "better faster stronger" was never a slogan I wanted... It is definitely all you. I just thought it was a cool line, and didn't realize someone was actually making the six-million dollar truck haha!

Hah LOL, I am just messing with you. Use it all you want , it is cool. Most important thing is that you have fun and feed the addiction.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stinking copycats!!!.........

if this were apple or microsoft, chrisandalex would be sueing for billions of dollars because the slogan was similar to their own

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha! Lousy posters like me have to make serious use of the EDIT button. There. Fixed it!
like we really give a shit if your slogan is similar to someone elses.

all we care about here is seeing what other people have been doing with mods. and drooling over someone elses build, wishing our wife would let us do the same.

you go for it motumute. build it for armageddeon

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mostly have to use the "I broke it so I must replace it with something that won't break" method of getting my wife to go along. Honey these stock rims don't balance so well... really hate to spend the money but now these Method racers are bulletproof!