Gentlemen we can rebuild it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
From what I've read the only two really acceptable mounting spots in a stock vehicle are the top mount for the rear seatbelt (preferred) and then if not there, to the bolt for the lap belt buckle in the rear seat. Those are what Corbeau recommends.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Like this:

6GYDV.gif

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I've read the only two really acceptable mounting spots in a stock vehicle are the top mount for the rear seatbelt (preferred) and then if not there, to the bolt for the lap belt buckle in the rear seat. Those are what Corbeau recommends.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Like this:

6GYDV.gif

This harness looks promising. A bolt-in Mini Cage is in the works for the Raptor allowing for the original interior to be preserved. This should provide a reasonable level of protection and can be easily removed. Sounds good for us weekend warriors. There will be a ceiling-level roll bar behind the front seats. I suppose the top of the harness could attach to that?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm looking at doing a similar style cage eventually and just having a harness bar built into that. From my understanding you don't really want your belts to angle 45 degrees up or down from level to avoid injury.

I don't see why you couldn't run a bar along the bottom of the back window with some anchor points for harnesses on it. In fact, I might do that with mine since a bar right behind my seat won't work since I'm a pretty massive dude and I'd only be using the harnesses while in the dirt.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm looking at doing a similar style cage eventually and just having a harness bar built into that. From my understanding you don't really want your belts to angle 45 degrees up or down from level to avoid injury.

I don't see why you couldn't run a bar along the bottom of the back window with some anchor points for harnesses on it. In fact, I might do that with mine since a bar right behind my seat won't work since I'm a pretty massive dude and I'd only be using the harnesses while in the dirt.
exactly my thoughts. against the back wall is perfect. out of the way when not in use, but there when you need them. if you are driving hard enough to need these harnesses you are only going to have 1 passenger with you.

also, my friends sad you should check out summit racing. they should have everything you need (according to him) i hold no responsibility to that info, so i am exempt from being personnaly liable, responsible, or sued because of the information provided herein.

i am our stupid ass government and approve ths message

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah summit has a lot of good stuff. I've been tempted to just use a harness when I'm off-road because I hate the way the stock seat belts don't hold me in my seat very well.

There is always the argument that "if you're outrunning the stock seatbelts, you need a cage" The thing that sucks about that argument is that cages cost a fuckload of money. That's why I think that when we start to see the bolt in safety cages that they'll be pretty popular.

Everyone likes safety, but for example, if a motorcycle helmet cost $6-10k would you buy one with your motorcycle right away? Most likely not. but because they're generally ~$400-500 you buy one because you like your head.

IMO what the Raptor community is lacking is some reasonably priced safety upgrades. Stuff that you don't have to gut the entire interior of the truck to put in. That's another thing that makes people shy away from a cage too I think. If we could get something that's reasonably priced and doesn't involve massive gutting of the interior to add a little safety, I think it'd be a winner.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
demolition man comes into mind, when he crashed the car into the water fountain

i thought regulations for roll cages were that they had to be completely welded. i am most likely wrong because i dont know a whole lot about cages, but i thought i remember hearing something along those lines

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
demolition man comes into mind, when he crashed the car into the water fountain

i thought regulations for roll cages were that they had to be completely welded. i am most likely wrong because i dont know a whole lot about cages, but i thought i remember hearing something along those lines

Yeah, it obviously wouldn't be something that would pass tech for races, but just something to help out a bit more in the event of a crash.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
but given the fact that it doesnt pass, it cant be sold to the public right? i would think some sue happy idiot would wreck and blame his injuries on the manufacturer of the cage.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
but given the fact that it doesnt pass, it cant be sold to the public right? i would think some sue happy idiot would wreck and blame his injuries on the manufacturer of the cage.

That's where my knowledge ends really. I would assume you could deal with that just by stating it doesn't pass and is for off-road use only and that the company wont be held liable....blah blah. I don't know for certain though

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2