gen 3 bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wheel travel are they sized for?

Edit, 99% sure that’s on a 37 so would be reducing travel for a 35 truck by 1”.
I don’t know about the SVC kit, but that’s not how the RPG and foutz kits work. They are designed around the 35 platform, meaning you get full piston travel with a 35 shock setup. On a 37pp you are limited by the extra height of the rear factory bumps, and thus lose about an inch of air bump travel on the RPG and foutz kit. I know this from direct experience. Don’t get me wrong they still completely transform the rear characteristics in tough fast terrain, but it could be an inch better =).

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know about the SVC kit, but that’s not how the RPG and foutz kits work. They are designed around the 35 platform, meaning you get full piston travel with a 35 shock setup. On a 37pp you are limited by the extra height of the rear factory bumps, and thus lose about an inch of air bump travel on the RPG and foutz kit. I know this from direct experience. Don’t get me wrong they still completely transform the rear characteristics in tough fast terrain, but it could be an inch better =).
You remove the stock bump so you’d be limited by the bumper on the shock body if I’m not mistaken.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the front loses travel long before the rear end does. I find I bottom out the front struts way easier that the rear. I think the rear suspension on these Gen 3s is a dream.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the front loses travel long before the rear end does. I find I bottom out the front struts way easier that the rear. I think the rear suspension on these Gen 3s is a dream.
For the most part I agree. When heavy on the gas the rear runs out faster I think though.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the most part I agree. When heavy on the gas the rear runs out faster I think though.
Or with a load. The simple answer would be a one of these darn aftermarket companies (Fox, King, Icon) coming out with a set of suspension that has adjustable bypasses with internal bump stops. HINT HINT HINT