Gen 3 2023 Major electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
time for me to shit in some cheerios. take it from a 12volt guy here. never trust a mechanic to do electrical. they dont/wont do it (correctly) i lost count of how many times mechanics and dealerships always blamed the car stereo shop that it was their product causing the issue with the customers car. then of course we get in there and find the true problem. a gateway module is simple to install, it may be the programming (if there is one) that might be time consuming. the gateway module is attached to the obd2 port. sound like they are buying time for the "just in case" you generally only have wires burnt in one location, so if the wires at the gateway module or the door module are melted, usually the other wont be burnt. nothing stated about the harness to the gateway module, now that will definitely take some time. the door harness is simple enough since its a big ass plug at the door/body junction

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
time for me to shit in some cheerios. take it from a 12volt guy here. never trust a mechanic to do electrical. they dont/wont do it (correctly) i lost count of how many times mechanics and dealerships always blamed the car stereo shop that it was their product causing the issue with the customers car. then of course we get in there and find the true problem. a gateway module is simple to install, it may be the programming (if there is one) that might be time consuming. the gateway module is attached to the obd2 port. sound like they are buying time for the "just in case" you generally only have wires burnt in one location, so if the wires at the gateway module or the door module are melted, usually the other wont be burnt. nothing stated about the harness to the gateway module, now that will definitely take some time. the door harness is simple enough since its a big ass plug at the door/body junction
Nothing about the harness going to GW was mentioned.they did say when they unplugged the door module, things starting working again.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang. What makes you think the sensor in the tail light fried the Driver Door module and the Gateway module? Regardless, glad they have the best tech assigned to your truck.
I’m just guessing at this point. Only because the first thing that happened was the bliss fault.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pics are of the door module they pulled out. It’s completely fried!