Gen 2 fuel injector install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave__P

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but curious if anyone has replaced their fuel injectors? Tips or tricks? Or shop recommendations in Denver? On the fence of going full E85 which would require upgraded injectors or E50, either with a tune from Goose. Thanks all!

Last edited:

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have pulled out both HP and LP injectors and then ended up swapping out the LP for some ID1050s so had to do it again.
It's pretty easy for the LP ones. When you get to the fuel rails pull the drivers side out and then the passenger side. Swap the passenger injectors and reinstall the passenger fuel rail. Then do the drivers side Injectors. The sensor on the driver side prevents you from getting the passenger side out with the sensor still on the drivers side rail. Of course you could just pull the sensor out if you want. It seems intimidating but it's really not bad.
Be sure and cover the intake holes to the head! Don't want anything falling in there.

OP
OP
Dave__P

Dave__P

Reaction score
I have pulled out both HP and LP injectors and then ended up swapping out the LP for some ID1050s so had to do it again.
It's pretty easy for the LP ones. When you get to the fuel rails pull the drivers side out and then the passenger side. Swap the passenger injectors and reinstall the passenger fuel rail. Then do the drivers side Injectors. The sensor on the driver side prevents you from getting the passenger side out with the sensor still on the drivers side rail. Of course you could just pull the sensor out if you want. It seems intimidating but it's really not bad.
Be sure and cover the intake holes to the head! Don't want anything falling in there.
Thanks for the tips! Any videos or write ups you'd recommend?

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! Any videos or write ups you'd recommend?
That one posted above is a pretty good one. Once you get down into it you will realize it's really not to hard to do. The hardest part is getting the manifold and all that stuff out of the way. The injectors swap is straight forward and pretty easy.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine this weekend, and it really wasn’t bad at all. It was just like in that video except I had to cut the tape where the pigtail had been taped to the side of the the injector plugs on the drivers side. The ID1050s are indexed at a different angle than the stock injectors on the drivers side.