GEN 2 Turbo and Fuel Pump/injector upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Basler

Reaction score
I have 2018 Raptor with Upgraded Intercooler, Goosetuned Cobb Tune, CAI ,AP Velocity Exhaust with Remote To operate to straight pipe! Had to try! .
I have 3 Front Rigid Cubes and 2 Rigid Light bars 10 Inch low and 30 inch behind Grill. 2 Cubes Baja Design in Rear,2inch lift and Devers rear leaf springs 360I Custom installed Radar/Laser , Custom Stereo all speakers upgraded with Amps and Subwoofer under rear seat in Box. 12 mm offset Rims on 35s. I love truck just hit 80 K and am having Cam Phasers replaced Ford did the Reprogram at 58k . At 80 K also needed New Hubs and 4WD actuator .

I have been looking to upgrade power and now that i’m putting in a lot of New parts What’s the Better option?
Garrett or CR Performance Turbos?
What are people doing about Fuel Pump and Injectors?
What other Engine Mods are suggested ?

I would like 650 to 700 HP would be great if close to 600 RWHP?

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2018 Raptor with Upgraded Intercooler, Goosetuned Cobb Tune, CAI ,AP Velocity Exhaust with Remote To operate to straight pipe! Had to try! .
I have 3 Front Rigid Cubes and 2 Rigid Light bars 10 Inch low and 30 inch behind Grill. 2 Cubes Baja Design in Rear,2inch lift and Devers rear leaf springs 360I Custom installed Radar/Laser , Custom Stereo all speakers upgraded with Amps and Subwoofer under rear seat in Box. 12 mm offset Rims on 35s. I love truck just hit 80 K and am having Cam Phasers replaced Ford did the Reprogram at 58k . At 80 K also needed New Hubs and 4WD actuator .

I have been looking to upgrade power and now that i’m putting in a lot of New parts What’s the Better option?
Garrett or CR Performance Turbos?
What are people doing about Fuel Pump and Injectors?
What other Engine Mods are suggested ?

I would like 650 to 700 HP would be great if close to 600 RWHP?
I have the Garrets sitting New in my office. Also boost tubes and accessories. I was going to post then in the fs section this week. Let me know if you want first crack.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had CRPs stage 4 for about 2 years and 65k miles. Did tuning with @GooseTuned for a long time trying to get it right. @GooseTuned worked so hard and many revisions and datalog trying to get it right but he always said something was mechanically wrong. Then my drivers side turbo came completely apart and even made a hole in the side of the turbo when it came apart. Replaced it with the Garretts stage 2 and finally I have my truck running right. First pull in the truck with the Garretts and I could tell. Night and day difference.
My take after doing both is go with the Garretts.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had CRPs stage 4 for about 2 years and 65k miles. Did tuning with @GooseTuned for a long time trying to get it right. @GooseTuned worked so hard and many revisions and datalog trying to get it right but he always said something was mechanically wrong. Then my drivers side turbo came completely apart and even made a hole in the side of the turbo when it came apart. Replaced it with the Garretts stage 2 and finally I have my truck running right. First pull in the truck with the Garretts and I could tell. Night and day difference.
My take after doing both is go with the
Did you upgrade the boost tubes too? I was told this makes significant difference under the curve. Spoling up much faster