GEN 2 Fuel tank capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Off-road running hard is where the capacity makes a big difference. On the highway getting 15-17mpg you are never very far from a fuel stop. Run it hard off-road and you will likely see 6-8mpg. Using the rule of 1/3rds meaning 1/3 of your fuel on the trip out and 2/3's to get back your distance is limited.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
35 mpg here, city racing and off road Baja only.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

wreedsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you guys with a 36 gal tank fill up what does the distance till empty read when completely full?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you guys with a 36 gal tank fill up what does the distance till empty read when completely full?

Just filled up with 93 from Costco, mine said 511 miles. Usually only get about 460-480 miles. I believe it uses your previous trips mpg to calculate. In my experience it’s about 9% high. Took 32 gallons, low fuel light came on indicating 50 miles till empty.

Truck tells me I’m getting 15.8 but in reality 14.5 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wreedsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just programmed my truck with Forscan, I was use to it saying 510 or so at fill up and now after Forscan programming it says 590, but its seems to be re calibrating itself. I guess when I reprogrammed it, it must have reset the DTE calculation.

JBBankshot

Reaction score
Try resetting your MPG Average and see what your range is. The miles to empty is base on it.

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last month I filled up my SCREW in Austin TX with 93 octane and headed north to Dallas.

At top off it read 510 miles to empty.

Then after an hour of driving (maybe 70+ miles) as my mpgs went up it updated slowly and said 530 Miles to empty. It was pretty fun watching my range increase even after I had been driving for an hour haha.

I drove from Austin to Dallas and back to Austin then drove around for 3-4 more days before I had to fill up again.

I would say I easily got 550-600 miles out of that tank.