Tow capacity of a 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice, Goosetune is a new one for me (and an investment). Did you get standard Deavers or did you get any of the lifted ones?
Goosetune not required for towing but helps and definitely fun.
I have +3HDs, call them for their advice based on your plans.
Rent or borrow a trailer first before diving all in on this.

OP
OP
Cybot

Cybot

Reaction score
Goosetune not required for towing but helps and definitely fun.
I have +3HDs, call them for their advice based on your plans.
Rent or borrow a trailer first before diving all in on this.
I watched the video for the Goose Tune, and an extra 100HP would be sweet. But, would I need an intercooler for that?

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I watched the video for the Goose Tune, and an extra 100HP would be sweet. But, would I need an intercooler for that?
Not for the stage 1.
A thermostat and spark plugs are recommended on his website.

Raptornador

Reaction score
I wonder how these wrangler guys deal with GVWR with 1000 lbs of static bumpers/winch, skids, sliders, air compressors, lights, radios, jerry cans, hi lifts, 120lb wheel tire combos, roof racks, dual batteries. Not a single one of those builds is legal when fully loaded with people, let alone towing a small trailer.
Super true. Also the the same jeep here that gets a 3500lb trailer limit was granted a 5000k limit in europe. This year that rating has gone up to 5k, I havent looked into it but guessing not much has changed between the years to get that rating. Likely they went thru a few more hoops in government testing.

Raptornador

Reaction score
View attachment 424389

My toy hauler with gear is 5500-6000#.
WD hitch and Deavers.
Goosetune with tow tune (not required but does help).
Factory brakes, wheels, and tires.
Tows great.

The WD hitch and Deavers are needed to tow with this truck. Call Deaver and they will give you a recommendation based on your use. Aftermarket bump stops not necessary (IMO) unless you’re hard off roading.

I would highly recommend renting a couple trailers (rvshare.com) first to see what suits your needs best.
A small price to pay before making a larger commitment.
Good luck.
Which deavers did you go with? Your trailer weight is right in line with mine....

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Super true. Also the the same jeep here that gets a 3500lb trailer limit was granted a 5000k limit in europe. This year that rating has gone up to 5k, I havent looked into it but guessing not much has changed between the years to get that rating. Likely they went thru a few more hoops in government testing.
look up sae towing test, it is a lot more involved than most think. Europe aint USA so don't really care about their rules.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor fails the "moose test" in the towing test, the suspension can't hold a trailer from swinging outside the lane during an evasive maneuver (vs a regular f150)