First 2018 Raptor at a dealer??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was curious why the two aforementioned LF Raps in this thread were the first to hit a dealership. After studying the window stickers, the answer is simple. Neither went by rail, only by convoy (because of proximity to DAP). If rail is involved in your delivery process (such as mine), plan on waiting.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well guys.... I'm officially out on my Lead Foot order. I just didn't like how light it appeared in all of the direct sunlight pics and the fact that it didn't look good with the trim (in my eyes). Good luck with your trucks and I hope you all love the color.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys.... I'm officially out on my Lead Foot order. I just didn't like how light it appeared in all of the direct sunlight pics and the fact that it didn't look good with the trim (in my eyes). Good luck with your trucks and I hope you all love the color.

What color are going changing to?

BTW, after seeing the pics I was worried about it being too dark! :)

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What color are going changing to?

BTW, after seeing the pics I was worried about it being too dark! :)

Blue, my Gen 1 was blue and I loved that color. I keep drooling over pics people post of Blue Gen 2s. The color really "pops" in the sun without being as loud as Race Red.
I am not an avalanche fan at all.......the light grays really don't appeal to me. I think the Lead Foot color looks great in all the low light pics I've seen. I would just hate to wait 3 months for one and not love the color. I know I love the blue. Luckily my allocation hasn't been pulled yet so I could make the switch.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blue, my Gen 1 was blue and I loved that color. I keep drooling over pics people post of Blue Gen 2s. The color really "pops" in the sun without being as loud as Race Red.
I am not an avalanche fan at all.......the light grays really don't appeal to me. I think the Lead Foot color looks great in all the low light pics I've seen. I would just hate to wait 3 months for one and not love the color. I know I love the blue. Luckily my allocation hasn't been pulled yet so I could make the switch.

We will have similar trucks. My 18 SCAB in LB was built on 7/31. I only did the 802A, tailgate step, bed extender and spray in bedliner though.

Last edited:

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We will have similar trucks. My 18 SCAB in LB was built on 7/31. I only did the 802A, tailgate step, bed divider and spray in bedliner though.

802A, Orange, Carbon Fiber, bed extender, tailgate step.
I wasn't going to keep the orange interior with the Blue but I said what the hell..... go for it.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
802A, Orange, Carbon Fiber, bed extender, tailgate step.
I wasn't going to keep the orange interior with the Blue but I said what the hell..... go for it.

I have the orange and it is relatively subtle. While noticeable and prominent, it isn't overpowering. It is well done and one of the most complimented things on my truck.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm very anxious for a LF to hit the ground here in Dallas where I can go look at it. I'm not sure I'd be able to change my order if I don't like it though.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm very anxious for a LF to hit the ground here in Dallas where I can go look at it. I'm not sure I'd be able to change my order if I don't like it though.

Not once you have a build date. I believe you are locked in at that point since you now have a Vin.