Fire Extinguishers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is a fire in my cab... I am not going to be there long enough to suffocate. Just sayin'. :)

I like that Safari strap holder.

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there is a fire in my cab... I am not going to be there long enough to suffocate. Just sayin'. :)

All I'm saying is you may not have a choice on that if you leg/bodypart/etc is trapped preventing you from exiting the cab! This is why your extinguisher should be mounted within reach of your seat.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
All I'm saying is you may not have a choice on that if you leg/bodypart/etc is trapped preventing you from exiting the cab! This is why your extinguisher should be mounted within reach of your seat.

Chop that part off....

59778d1421715713-pocket-knives-image.jpg

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, CO2 is not heavier than air though so you can recover by opening the window. Halon on the other hand will fill your lungs from the bottom up displacing the air and suffocating you.
Well, yes, halon will fill your lungs if there is nothing else, but you can exhale it to clear your lungs.
CO2 will have the same effect if there is nothing else; even so it is two parts oxygen, but our bodies can't separate them form the one carbon.
There is a reason why most emergency fire suppression systems, for confined spaces, this days use halon.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, yes, halon will fill your lungs if there is nothing else, but you can exhale it to clear your lungs.
CO2 will have the same effect if there is nothing else; even so it is two parts oxygen, but our bodies can't separate them form the one carbon.
There is a reason why most emergency fire suppression systems, for confined spaces, this days use halon.

There is also a reason these spaces/systems have hold release buttons to allow personnel to clear the space before gas release. This is not required with a CO2 system.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't disagree. I was just pulling your chain. I am an advocate of over preparing and being ready for the worst possible scenario is never a bad thing.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is also a reason these spaces/systems have hold release buttons to allow personnel to clear the space before gas release. This is not required with a CO2 system.
I don't like for this to come across as confrontational, but yes, automated fire suppression systems using CO2 for confined spaces, just like halon, have posted signs, audible and visual warnings to clear the space.
A CO2 flooded space will kill you just as dead as a halon flooded space.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So we're just going to die a fiery death and should not buy fire extinguishers.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Thanks for everyone's insights into best extinguishers. Mounted mine in cab with a Safari Strap holder.

I saw that, let me know it works for you.