Fire Extinguisher Interior Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
How accessible to do you think the door mount is from either of those positions guys? Do you think someone could realistically reach it from either spot? Or would either have to physically get out of the truck, and open the door to access it?

Again, nice work!

Hey J,
At least going by our first rodeo when our vehicle caught fire (posts below) our first reaction was to get out of the vehicle. After that, yes you would need to open the rear door to access the FE. I don't think this would add more than a few seconds and would actually be necessary if our dog or eventually children needed to be removed from the vehicle.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/oh-loooooook-drink-drnak-drunk-9192/index606.html#post202275
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/oh-loooooook-drink-drnak-drunk-9192/index605.html#post202078

If it was someone else' s vehicle/ property well then yes, the set-up would add a few moments, but again, I don't think it would really be significant.

In fact, I just tasked good old 012Blue with designing similar set-ups for our other vehicles, and I'm really thinking about McManus's idea about both sides. Even though I am pretty certain that I'll be far away standing with the dog watching. You never know if Joe happens to be out of the truck and on the passenger side or if some non-scardy cat is in the passenger seat.

Aarons, Joe said he'll measure the Screw as soon as he gets a chance.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Screw it, just put an onboard fire suppression system. Problem solved.. Lol

That is why, I am going to have them on both sides, and possibly one larger external bed cage mounted FE for Raptor runs.

-Greg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

That is why, I am going to have them on both sides, and possibly one larger external bed cage mounted FE for Raptor runs.

-Greg

Yeah an external one is a good call I think, just in case someone does run up to help they will have something to help out with.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is what I like about WSI Fire extinguisher mounts. You can mount almost any size of extinguisher..

BTW what is weight/max diameter/etc for this bracket?

-Greg

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score

-Greg
Ha... I need this for our car that lives in Pittsburgh. That way I wouldn't have to worry about anyone smoking in it behind our backs...

I finally put one in my kitchen. realistically I could use 10 of them tractors and such.

Oh man, Joe's uncle had a tractor burn on his farm, some poor guy haying his field. Scorched a 50 ft area and tractor burned to pretty much nothing.