Fire Extinguisher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems a Halotron(?) extinguisher is the least corrosive option but are very expensive and aren’t great for grease. Just started looking into the Element, seems like you need to be pretty close to the fire to wave it around, admittedly I’ve only watched one short video on the Element. The Element would seem to be a good option for bouncing down trails, Amazon has one that comes with a Quick Fist mount for $95.00, that’s not exactly inexpensive but less than $300+ for a halotron unit.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for asking what might be a dumb clarifying question. Are you speaking of what to carry in your vehicle of what to have at home? As for in the vehicle, I don’t bother. If it goes on fire, oh well, new truck on the way. If someone else’s is on fire, I’ll dial 911 for them.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Sorry for asking what might be a dumb clarifying question. Are you speaking of what to carry in your vehicle of what to have at home? As for in the vehicle, I don’t bother. If it goes on fire, oh well, new truck on the way. If someone else’s is on fire, I’ll dial 911 for them.

I would rather put the fire out on my truck then let it start a forest fire. Because then I will have a hard time out running the fire. Different than being in a concrete jungle.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Buckeye Halotron I mounted to my Oedro under seat organizer under my back seat. I would have loved a Halon, but the greenie jackwads made them illegal because they were going to put a hole in the ozone layer.

Spike Spiegel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of these mounted under the driver seat. I also have an element in the center console.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I have a Buckeye Halotron I mounted to my Oedro under seat organizer under my back seat. I would have loved a Halon, but the greenie jackwads made them illegal because they were going to put a hole in the ozone layer.
Exactly what I have mounted under front of driver's seat. You DO NOT want a dry chemical......unless that's all that's available at the moment.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s looking like I might have to pony up for the Halotron. The Element as back up seems pretty logical too. I’ve personally never had a small vehicle fire( I’ve had a couple of pieces of equipment on fire). But have put out three vehicle fire for others, just regular ole ABC extinguishers. They work, but it’s messy.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s looking like I might have to pony up for the Halotron. The Element as back up seems pretty logical too. I’ve personally never had a small vehicle fire( I’ve had a couple of pieces of equipment on fire). But have put out three vehicle fire for others, just regular ole ABC extinguishers. They work, but it’s messy.
Yep, I had used quite a few dry chem as a fireman, they suck balls after the fire for the owner.
Exactly what I have mounted under front of driver's seat. You DO NOT want a dry chemical......unless that's all that's available at the moment.
I couldn't find a nice mounting spot under the front, that let me have the seat back far enough for me, at 6'3", and still be able to run the seat forward for someone smaller. I ended up putting it on the driver's side under the rear.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Yep, I had used quite a few dry chem as a fireman, they suck balls after the fire for the owner.

I couldn't find a nice mounting spot under the front, that let me have the seat back far enough for me, at 6'3", and still be able to run the seat forward for someone smaller. I ended up putting it on the driver's side under the rear.
Bingo on the aftermath.

Not 100% thrilled on mounting under front seat, it is pretty tight. Under rear of front seat was a better choice, but had to have it mounted asap for a track event, so didn't have time to work out a rear mount.