Fire Extinguisher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So… for you guys who have fire extinguishers, what type do you have? I heard or seen once that the regular yellow powder ones are horrible on everything( except the fire), in terms of clean up and corrosion afterwards.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean up was impossible using some chemicals vs others.

Clean up was impossible using some chemicals vs others.
That's why I was confused by the choice of ABC. Feel like I'm missing something here. It's my understanding most ABCs use the same which is VERY corrosive esp if exposed to water.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, just watch some vids on the element that are kind of scary.
Good and bad for sure.

Working on boats we are required to have X amount of extinguishers (depending on the COI) and they damn things were always rusting out and going bad so the Element appeals to me but is not USCG approved

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
That's why I was confused by the choice of ABC. Feel like I'm missing something here. It's my understanding most ABCs use the same which is VERY corrosive esp if exposed to water.

This might be the article I read which sold me on the type. I just didn't want an expensive extinguisher so went with a well know brand.