Interior Water Leak Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V6Raptor

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: we had some rain so I took the time to check the carpet and it is dry. HOWEVER, I popped the small door sill piece off and water is still building up in the channel but not enough to wet the carpet so back to square one. I did some research again it’s possible the plastic seal within the door could be the culprit. I’ll take a look again in a few days and provide an update.

OP
OP
V6Raptor

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: found the culprit… the plastic seal sure had an opening up top and bottom. Check your seals people! IMG_7563.jpeg

OP
OP
V6Raptor

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry gentlemen, I won’t be able to crack it open again anytime soon but the plastic seal is inside each of your doors’ panel. Not too hard to remove the panel. Here’s a good video to guide you.

And a video of the leak.

Rally_9

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2018 Raptor. Except my water was on my front passenger side floor. I noticed a sound of water running down my passenger side when I would accelerate. Tried vacuuming my carpet but it was just saturated with water. So I decided to pull up my carpet to investigate. I found a simple plug in my floor that was popped up not seated correctly. I figured it got dislodged when I plow through puddles as that’s when I started to hear the water. So I epoxied it back in and dried out my carpet before I put everything back together. I will attach the pictures of what I’m talking about the video i took is too large to download IMG_4282.png. So far it’s still dry as I still don’t slow down for puddles. Hope this helps

vondong

Reaction score
What is the fix if it’s the door seal? I just got my truck back again after another rear window was installed, rained again last night and now the water is back, so it’s not the rear window.

UPDATE: we had some rain so I took the time to check the carpet and it is dry. HOWEVER, I popped the small door sill piece off and water is still building up in the channel but not enough to wet the carpet so back to square one. I did some research again it’s possible the plastic seal within the door could be the culprit. I’ll take a look again in a few days and provide an update.

OP
OP
V6Raptor

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the fix if it’s the door seal? I just got my truck back again after another rear window was installed, rained again last night and now the water is back, so it’s not the rear window.

Remove the door panel and reseal the plastic seal by pressing it down and that should allow the butyl tape to create a seal. Try running the test as shown in my post above and see if your driver side door is leaking.

vondong

Reaction score
Thanks, this is going back to the dealer tomorrow. They are also going to dry out my carpets too thankfully.