GEN 2 Engine misfire message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertH6657

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have had the Raptor in the Shop already. They verified that the first three CEL troubles were indeed DTC P0330 code. All of them. Each of the remaining 5 times it occurred (these happened after my Service visit) have all confirmed to be P0330. My truck is 100% stock. My factory SP550 plugs were/are gapped at 0.028"-0.029". I feeler gauged them to verify. It's hard to know if the engine is hesitating when the CEL pops up because the CEL comes on the instant I fire the engine up - but only when it's a cold start. I am in Florida so its never really cold like up North. Truck is in PARK when it happens. When I changed to the SP534's, I do get to put it in DRIVE before it occurs however, before I get out of the neighborhood, the CEL light pops up again and it happens at almost the exact same driving distance. I did the wiggle wire test and based on the DTC code, it does appear that it's occurring in Bank 2 of the engine, which I believe (correct me please if I am wrong) is the Drivers Side of the engine. The knock sensor is inside the engine valve cover I believe. I see two sensors going in on each Bank at the front of the engine. I am assuming that one is knock sensor, the other is Camshaft Position Sensor. both seemed clicked into place. I WILL DEFINITELY check the catalytic converter sensor connection. In fact I will do that today. Thanks for the input. I scheduled the service for next week as I recently heard from another Raptor owner that he was told from a Ford Tech that Ford Factory is going to release a new PCM software revision in about 2 weeks that solves several issues. Has anyone heard about a potential software update being released soon? I tend to believe things when I hear it from multiple sources rather than just one.

RobertH6657

Reaction score
Got the Raptor back today. They had to remove the plenum and pull the Driver Side (Bank 2) Knock Sensor out. They said it was installed upside-down. Hard to believe considering these engines are put together by robots..... But, at least they found something that was wrong and corrected it. Others experiencing multiple misfiring, need to take this potential solution to their dealers.

RobertH6657

Reaction score
Actually, my truck was supposed to be originally delivered to Mexico I think. It says LOBO on the back appliqué. There is no F-150 badges on it anywhere. No joke. I pointed it out to the Dealer after I bought it. He said they never noticed it when it was on the lot. Then they asked me to bring it back to change it to "F-150". I didn't do it because I thought it was unique. Go figure.