Electrical battery issue or what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhh kkkk, Got it! Thanks. that happens to mine if i work w the doors open (Vacuum out mats) for a bit and just park it.. Not even 3 days..
Yes, I think that's a sign. The battery won't hold a charge, which means it's time for a new one. I splurged and got an Optima yellow top. A bit more expensive but had great reviews. This was about 6 months ago. So far, I am happy with it. I have a dash cam connected to the ODB port which draws power after the car is turned off, and so far no issues and I don't get those annoying messages anymore.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is related or not, however, I started having weird electrical gremlins with my 2022 with 18K miles about a month ago. I checked the battery voltage after driving and it was at 12.1-12.2 volts with the engine off. (Should be at least 12.6) I took it to the dealership. They tested the battery and it wasn't up to par so they replaced it free under warranty.
The issues I was having were odd. SO here's are a few.
The door locks at times wouldn't work. Sometimes they were normal
The radio would turn off after shutting the truck down (before opening the door)
Interior lights wouldn't come on when opening the door (they were turned on)
A screen would pop up occasionally when I shut the engine down saying something to the effect that the truck was going to limit power use in order to preserve the battery.

The new battery took care of all the issues.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
I don't know if this is related or not, however, I started having weird electrical gremlins with my 2022 with 18K miles about a month ago. I checked the battery voltage after driving and it was at 12.1-12.2 volts with the engine off. (Should be at least 12.6) I took it to the dealership. They tested the battery and it wasn't up to par so they replaced it free under warranty.
The issues I was having were odd. SO here's are a few.
The door locks at times wouldn't work. Sometimes they were normal
The radio would turn off after shutting the truck down (before opening the door)
Interior lights wouldn't come on when opening the door (they were turned on)
A screen would pop up occasionally when I shut the engine down saying something to the effect that the truck was going to limit power use in order to preserve the battery.

The new battery took care of all the issues.
Thanks for reply! I hate electrical gremlins caused by low voltage. Its insane. Had the stupid message again this morning along with a really slow ford performance start up screen, it was spazzy and half was only displayed. Im going to get a battery and call it a day! Id like to take to dealer and have them check out but that will take forever and time is not in my favor w my work schedule. So i will eat the cost, sadly. The damn battery in these trucks shouldnt be going out in less than 2 years, its a joke!!!!!
Thanks Anthony

hymas283

Reaction score
I was having the same issue (truck is mainly used for short commuting). I put an oddssey battery in it and have never had an issue since.

cjr

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was also having the same issue with my truck, installed a DieHard Platinum AGM Battery: H8 and all gremlins are gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter