Eibach = CV issue !?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max FR

Reaction score
Hi, just fitted a pair of Eibach at low perch on my 2013 gen1 and it now sits 2’ higher than stock at mid perch. Problem is that my CV’s(new) don’t like it ! Grinding, knocking and vibration when in 4x4 so definitely sitting to high for the CV’s. I had to go back to stock and everything is fine. So how can you guys make this kit work ? It’s definitely impossible for me !

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eibach springs are the same compression as oem just 2 inches longer. if its 2 inches higher than mid, you have a problem. check the spring orientation and make sure they are set properly in the cup. make sure the rubber piece is inset as well.

OP
OP
Max FR

Max FR

Reaction score
The Eibach’s were properly mounted, no worries about that and the total lift compared to oem mount is 3’ so that exactly what they are sold for with a possible light sag after a few k miles.
But 3’ lift on my raptor is way too much for the CV’s and the front diff. I am trying to understand why as I know that many gen1’s are equipped with these !? Would it need after market UCA’s with camber and caster correction ?! Or something else ?!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
post pictures of the shocks and springs. i ran eibach springs for a few years. put them on the wifes truck when i went to fox 3.0 there are absolutely no issues with either truck, nor any of the trucks i have seen with them. you dont need any aftermarket parts to go with them. a 3 inch lift is more than top perch and with the torsen front diff will definitely cause issues. does the grinding happen in 4wd while going straight or turning? you should never turn your steering wheel all the way in either direction in 4wd either.

OP
OP
Max FR

Max FR

Reaction score
Eibach’s were on low perch and it was giving exactly 2’ more than stocks on med perch. The grinding first happened in 2 wd at 60mph but more like a vibration and for only 2 seconds. Then I tried 4wd on a straight line on a dirt road without turning and it was terrible. Noise from the CV’s and maybe from the diff too, hard to say.
When back to stock at mid perch and all good.
The angle of the CV’s with the Eibach’s were pretty scary !
If you have Eibach’s too, could you please just check the ref number to make sure I have been sent the right springs !?…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 6

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with others in this thread, something is not right. Now that you are back to stock what is the measurement from the ground to the fender flair? Should be between 39"-40" if on stock tires. It is possible the Eibach's are incorrect or mislabeled.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to the Eibach web site and used my 2014 Raptor for the Pro Lift Kit and the part # is different E30-35-042-01-20.

OP
OP
Max FR

Max FR

Reaction score
Hi, so from ground to fender I have 106,5mm so 42’ and that’s on mid perch stock. With the Eibach’s on I had for the same measurement almost 44’ on low perch !