Enough !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max FR

Reaction score
To be honest, the Raptor has been my dream truck for years, I could finally bought a 2013 in super nice conditions with 40k miles last October. Since then it has been constant nightmare ! I am so disappointed with that truck, it’s not reliable at all, I had noises everywhere, issues with the trans, the spark plugs, the exhaust and now it’s the fu… front differential, well I suppose it is !? When engaging the 4x4 it makes a clong noise and loud kind of bearing noises, can’t even drive 100ft without being scared to break it all ! So here is my question, is the front diff a common issue ? Why and is usually wrong ? By the way my CV’s are brand new just fitted as well as Eibach coils.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, unlucky you are, seem the previous owner drove it hardly and what about the maintenance ? Well , you should find here some answers and advices I guess, Gen 1 has good reputation , simple and strong , so, keep trust !

(j'édite car je vois que tu es de France aussi ???)

OP
OP
Max FR

Max FR

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I don’t loose faith and I am really trying to like this truck but… the previous owner has never been off-road but I suspect he used the 4x4 on the road when raining and probably caused it n issue in the front dif. I had the IWE out 2 days ago and they are fine so I don’t think it’s the problem and anyway the noise is way too loud and deep to be that, like a CV knocking with too much angle plus some other metallic noises.
Oui Julien je suis Français près de Cannes et toi ? ;)

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To be honest, the Raptor has been my dream truck for years, I could finally bought a 2013 in super nice conditions with 40k miles last October. Since then it has been constant nightmare ! I am so disappointed with that truck, it’s not reliable at all, I had noises everywhere, issues with the trans, the spark plugs, the exhaust and now it’s the fu… front differential, well I suppose it is !? When engaging the 4x4 it makes a clong noise and loud kind of bearing noises, can’t even drive 100ft without being scared to break it all ! So here is my question, is the front diff a common issue ? Why and is usually wrong ? By the way my CV’s are brand new just fitted as well as Eibach coils.

sorry...10 year old anything is usually a nightmare when you are 2nd or 3rd owner

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be , but not ^^ Limousin is not only a famous car, it's also the name of a french region (in center) where I live , and where it's great to have a Raptor, bcs it's still very wild !!!
I translated it right, don't know what was so hard about that...I put my army scout skills in and then used my head wrestling coach knowledge and came up with the translation