DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FORGED OFFROAD!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if same company, but there’s a video by keep it dirty offroad where he went to a one man shop to have his Gen 1 shocks completely rebuilt. Dude doing it was very cool (this was in cali), did a lot of work, and within a relatively short time at least one if not both were leaking.

Yeah, it would have to be a huge difference in cost before I’d rebuild anything Rather than buy new.

SK19

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. They are literally 10 minutes away from me, but I'll look elsewhere when it's time.
NO NO NO! bring your truck to them as I did may tenth this year and they will rebuild YOUR shocks same day. no core issues. they are great rebuilds and perhaps the only shop doing LIVE VALVE correctly.........

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figure I'll just buy new ones and then flip the used ones when it comes time.

Have had a hit and miss in the past with rebuilds on my Gen 1s

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had issues in the past with Rock Auto on some simple, average everyday stuff. If they struggle with that I have low confidence in them for anything for a specialty vehicle like a Raptor.
Guys on here have bought them from rock auto and I don't remember any issues being mentioned at all truly.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
NO NO NO! bring your truck to them as I did may tenth this year and they will rebuild YOUR shocks same day. no core issues. they are great rebuilds and perhaps the only shop doing LIVE VALVE correctly.........
This makes sense. The problem does not seem to be with the quality of work, but shipping costs and dealing with the core charge. How much did they charge you when you went in person?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This makes sense. The problem does not seem to be with the quality of work, but shipping costs and dealing with the core charge. How much did they charge you when you went in person?
It seems they are being deceptive possibly unethical behavior from what people have posted. FTC has a consumer division that takes on cases to correct poor practices.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a similar ******** on the Ford V10 rebuilt engine core charge from LA Engine… was supposed to get back $2000, but the deductions were ridiculous and only got $400.

Never again…

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
Guys on here have bought them from rock auto and I don't remember any issues being mentioned at all truly.
Yep, Bought all new Fox shocks, shipped in Motorcraft boxes from Rock Auto, also got new mounting hardware for them for $1,600 shipped. I spent a lot of time debating going the rebuild route, but seen too many shady posts about companies doing this exact shit, Forged Offroad website for the core return doesn't even work. Now I have brand new shocks and a set of cores I can send directly to Fox to be rebuilt when the time comes.