DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FORGED OFFROAD!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this was helpful, like I said in a different thread the shocks I got weren't in great shape but work fine....so the core charge bs they give you for cosmetic stuff is to me a scam and a way for them to make more money truly. I won't use them again myself only because the core charge aspect is truly not helpful. They know your sending shocks that need rebuilt.....and have been used....but they ding you for ever freaking thing they can.....then rebuild them...sell them again..and do the same process over and over...do any members on here have an example of them getting back 500 actually on core charge...or even remotely close to it???? I'd love to see someone answer for real.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope this was helpful, like I said in a different thread the shocks I got weren't in great shape but work fine....so the core charge bs they give you for cosmetic stuff is to me a scam and a way for them to make more money truly. I won't use them again myself only because the core charge aspect is truly not helpful. They know your sending shocks that need rebuilt.....and have been used....but they ding you for ever freaking thing they can.....then rebuild them...sell them again..and do the same process over and over...do any members on here have an example of them getting back 500 actually on core charge...or even remotely close to it???? I'd love to see someone answer for real.
I would be okay with that IF shocks received were 100%. But you can NOT nickel and dime the cores AND nickel and dime the product. Either you evaluate the cores with a microscope so that you can send out perfect product OR you have some gray area on the cores and send out functional but maybe not 100% aesthetic perfect product BUT not both!!!

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be okay with that IF shocks received were 100%. But you can NOT nickel and dime the cores AND nickel and dime the product. Either you evaluate the cores with a microscope so that you can send out perfect product OR you have some gray area on the cores and send out functional but maybe not 100% aesthetic perfect product BUT not both!!!
Exactly! Did you see all the things that they dinged me on with my core? I wish I had taken pics of what they sent me and the cosmetic issues....they sure didn't discount the ones they sent me for cosmetic issues. Instead they say we will send the best we can but understand these are rebuilt so cosmetic issues are part of it...but yet they literally do all they can do devalue the cores you send in...even charging you for fluid leaking....you got to clean and polish them regardless so what the crap???? Pretty much they get a free set of shocks to rebuild and make money is all I see. How was shipping time me twice what it was to ship my set back also??? Its crazy

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The others guys, that charge 40% more probably don’t do this shady business but they make similar profits per shock.
If you were going in for open heart surgery would you take the lowest bid?

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The others guys, that charge 40% more probably don’t do this shady business but they make similar profits per shock.
If you were going in for open heart surgery would you take the lowest bid?
I don't disagree with you on that, I really want to see if anyone has gotten remotely close to the 500 core charge...what's funny is if you have a core charge for say a battery...or whatever..they say..core charge is x...you bring it in you get x. Forged is up front telling you that they deduct from core charge for .......but seriously that nit pick to death but no adjustment on the issues with what thru ship you...and dang those shipping fees still make me scratch my head...maybe the flight back to them from Alabama gets better fuel mileage so they adjusted that ???

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am just curious? Cant you buy a brand new set on Rock Auto for $1,200 ISH? When your rebuild set cost... close to new there is something wrong. I think the same happened to @Bozz with Hammer. He would have to confirm.I only know some of the details. So to me this seam Really scamish. JMO. As a group we should figure it out if we are being taken advantage of because it kinda sounds like we are.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am just curious? Cant you buy a brand new set on Rock Auto for $1,200 ISH? When your rebuild set cost... close to new there is something wrong. I think the same happened to @Bozz with Hammer. He would have to confirm.I only know some of the details. So to me this seam Really scamish. JMO. As a group we should figure it out if we are being taken advantage of because it kinda sounds like we are.
I would have the hardest time buying Raptor/ FOX shocks from Rock Auto.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are hard to find on there for sure. The previous owner of my truck got them there about 40k ago. Sad part he didn't keep the takeoffs. BUT. there New so not sure why you would buy them there? When needed it will more than likely be the way I go. Then I will rebuild the set I have (my self) for the the shelf.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are hard to find on there for sure. The previous owner of my truck got them there about 40k ago. Sad part he didn't keep the takeoffs. BUT. there New so not sure why you would buy them there? When needed it will more than likely be the way I go. Then I will rebuild the set I have (my self) for the the shelf.
Just had issues in the past with Rock Auto on some simple, average everyday stuff. If they struggle with that I have low confidence in them for anything for a specialty vehicle like a Raptor.