GEN 2 About to do a shock swap, 1/4" strut spacer okay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

deadserial

Reaction score
From linked thread. No issue with spacers but there are way better alternatives (and almost no one here runs them, RPG collars are the majority). Buy once cry once.

Top Hats
For those who intended on driving their raptors with OEM coil-overs to the limits or who participate in off-road events, we recommend the SDI top hat lift/reinforcement. The oem shock top hat has been a known weak point, causing shock failures on over a dozen trucks down in Baja and similar environments. This complete top hat replacement for the gen 2 & 3 Raptor kills two birds with one stone. Providing 1.5-1.75” of height over a stock Raptor while eliminating the shocks weak point with its heavy duty billet construction, and improved rigidity. SDI designed this to be their preferred way to level when paired with their eClik system. This is an extremely safe and robust option that not only makes your truck look and ride better, but will give you the piece of mind of you won’t be left stranded on the trail.

Yeah I read that. I definitley know what is "best" for the full leveled look. I primarily will be using this truck as a daily with trips to our property with dirty road trails and small jumps and the dunes. I'm not terribly worried about top hat failure but i do note it.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Yeah I read that. I definitley know what is "best" for the full leveled look. I primarily will be using this truck as a daily with trips to our property with dirty road trails and small jumps and the dunes. I'm not terribly worried about top hat failure but i do note it.
I'm with you on that. Mine (Gen1) is set on mid perch (the cheapest way to level) because it never leaves the ground.

Make sure you post up some pics once you've got it all together

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t tell if you’re ******** with me, lol… but yeah. Might be throwing the wrong “ratio” terminology… but i think that’s about right. Same held true on my old 2018 Tundra TRD Pro. I put in a stack of two custom 1/4” machined shims to lift front 1”

OP
OP
D

deadserial

Reaction score
Well, after all this... my spacers were lost in the mail. Thanks usps. This was my only free weekend to do the swap. It went well, thanks to everyone for the tips on here. Even though my old shocks looked almost new, the difference is night and day. Still a little clunking up front on speed bumps, so I'm thinking it's time to replace the sway bar endlinks.

Attachments

• 625A0898-F8FD-4FA9-A61E-23D00DA82007.jpeg
    625A0898-F8FD-4FA9-A61E-23D00DA82007.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 30

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Well, after all this... my spacers were lost in the mail. Thanks usps. This was my only free weekend to do the swap. It went well, thanks to everyone for the tips on here. Even though my old shocks looked almost new, the difference is night and day. Still a little clunking up front on speed bumps, so I'm thinking it's time to replace the sway bar endlinks.
FWIW my endlinks are removed and it still clunks lol

Check the sway bar bushings too, next step for me is to pull the bar off

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Truck looks good. What wheels are you running?

OP
OP
D

deadserial

Reaction score
FWIW my endlinks are removed and it still clunks lol

Check the sway bar bushings too, next step for me is to pull the bar off

Wasn't the swaybar links. Tried it with no swaybar and it still clunked. Torqued everything and replaced the swaybar links just for good measure. I'm guessing it's upper control arms since i noticed the boots both had small tears on the inside. I have a warranty so i'm taking it in next week to let them hopefully figure it out.