Death wobble ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that. After I broke it the first time :-/ Now i’m fighting the rattle. I’m pretty sure the current tracks are ok, but I think the stealership plans on replacement at the next visit. Not crazy about this but will work with the service mangler to ensure they’re only looking at rattling moon roof, unless they find a broken part.

I’m also going to pick up some of that stuff to keep the moon roof seals lubricated.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why I don't fk with a truck that is already tall as **** lol.
I use the damn handles to get in for god sakes.

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh also! Does anyone have any issues with their power steering ? Mine works fine... it just seems to struggle when I turn the steering wheel very fast, as if there wasn’t any power steering fluid in the reservoir...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Oh also! Does anyone have any issues with their power steering ? Mine works fine... it just seems to struggle when I turn the steering wheel very fast, as if there wasn’t any power steering fluid in the reservoir...

just to be clear, you're making a comparison, not wondering if you're low on power steering fluid, correct?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My steering is tight when the vehicle first starts up from being off in traffic as a byproduct of the start-stop feature. When I start it up myself, there are no issues. I am assuming its a slow fluid movement issue or low pressure issue.

Swampdriller

Reaction score
I’ve done 120-130 on a flat even surfaced road with no issues, only when driving on an uneven road even to the slightest amount. Took it into the dealership today, had them do an oil change, alignment and rotate the tires plus inspect the suspension. Hopefully it’s fixed. I also had to fix the panoramic sunroof, for whatever reason a piece of the track was broken and it was stuck closed
Did you ever get this sorted out? I have the same issue at 80 MPH or when entering an on rap aggresively and reach the 75+ MPH range. It seems like when the truck is twisting under such high torque it starts to wobble.

Swampdriller

Reaction score
I’ve done 120-130 on a flat even surfaced road with no issues, only when driving on an uneven road even to the slightest amount. Took it into the dealership today, had them do an oil change, alignment and rotate the tires plus inspect the suspension. Hopefully it’s fixed. I also had to fix the panoramic sunroof, for whatever reason a piece of the track was broken and it was stuck closed
Were you ever able to get this fixed? I have the exact same issue. I run a fuel 20" wheel with 35" Toyo Open Country Tires. I also notice it when aggressively accelerating on a on ramp.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
running a shi**y aftermarket “lift” consisting of (we’ll assume) CNC machined blocks of AL - top it off by running tire/wheel setup that is way off what was originally designed for the Raptor, & throw the air pressure all over the place- dart on wall, & having issues w/ ride quality & wobbling @ hwy speeds isn’t surprising really. You’ve also compressed the stock springs up front altering the geometry & rebound etc from what was designed from the factory.

aftermarket wheels- even pricey ones- are almost always a tier below OEM when it comes to consistency/quality- who knows if the wheels are actually all exactly the same size/offset/weight?

I concur w/ other- road force balancing, torquing lugnuts to proper spec, getting alignment done, but ya F’d w/ the suspension geometry on a truck that quite literally has the most R&D on its suspension in the history of pickup trucks. Good luck I guess?

I used to get run a winter tire setup on my old G8 GT & the rims I had seemed to always accumulate solid chunks of slush/ice on the barrels, this would always result in my car vibrating/shaking like it was about to come apart until the stuff fell off or I got out & wacked it off w/ something

at any rate, having wheels unevenly balanced or tires out of round can have extremely noticeable effects on ride quality, & those effects are compounded as both speeds increase & the well as the weight per corner....& sounds like in most cases here ALOT more weight is being added per corner on a vehicle that ALREADY has some of the heaviest running gear on the road