Sudden loss of power auto shifting from 1st to 2nd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't care for the colors available. I currently have a Rapid Red that's OK, but I wouldn't pick it again. I miss the Lightning Blue that I had on my Gen2, you can see it in my profile picture.

I have a neighbor with an antimatter blue Bronco. I would see it drive by each morning as I walked an elderly neighbor's dog. For 6 months, I thought it was black, then I finally saw it in the sunlight. Looks good in the sun, but don't care for the black look, otherwise.
@EMY92 Sorry, your post got pulled in here somehow and I can't remove it. Cheers!
I've had this issue before where it feels like its hunting for the gear. Pulled out from side street, massive hesitation from the truck then started going again after 2-3 seconds. Local dealership said they updated some software that should fix the issue when I brought it in. Maybe worth calling and seeing if they can take a look. Alternatively could do the AP and a TCM tune :)

Every week I commit to going all-in with the Cobb Stage 2 package and Goosetune, and then I read posts like these and start to hesitate. I want to tune the truck so bad but I hate to be the one on the side of the road with random issues like these one. I agree there are too many of these to risk voiding the warranty.

This is why sometimes I want to entertain the idea of buying an R, but I don't really want 8 mile to the gallon.
Interesting as I just had this happen yesterday evening pulling out of my private drive on to a two lane highway with a 45mph speed limit where people won't give you zero courtesy.

Emailed @GooseTuned as I have his tune and TCM, and he said he's aware of some one-off times that this happens when the transmission "gets confused". First and only time it's happened, but it was a full-on second of crap-your-pants-thats-a-Peterbuilt" moment while my foot is about 60% asking for this thing to move.

No real reason to panic, but man if I press the go-pedal, it should go. My wife's Mach-E is ridiculous with pulling into traffic - it's hilarious fun.

That said, the @GooseTuned TCM and ECU work is incredible.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. I wouldn't buy an R for $150k.
2. Since when the price of a car became correlated to better or worse mpg? As your comment suggests.
3. I'm not complaining about filling up, I just don't want 8 miles to the gallon.

It's very simple, I want more power but not half of the mpg that I get now. That's what I would get if I tune my current truck. Yes I want my cake and eat it too.
Then you won’t be buying an R. And 150k frivolously spent paying 20+adm is a good indicator that mpg doesn’t matter. i want more power too!

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@EMY92 Sorry, your post got pulled in here somehow and I can't remove it. Cheers!

Interesting as I just had this happen yesterday evening pulling out of my private drive on to a two lane highway with a 45mph speed limit where people won't give you zero courtesy.

Emailed @GooseTuned as I have his tune and TCM, and he said he's aware of some one-off times that this happens when the transmission "gets confused". First and only time it's happened, but it was a full-on second of crap-your-pants-thats-a-Peterbuilt" moment while my foot is about 60% asking for this thing to move.

No real reason to panic, but man if I press the go-pedal, it should go. My wife's Mach-E is ridiculous with pulling into traffic - it's hilarious fun.

That said, the @GooseTuned TCM and ECU work is incredible.

I hear ya. I think at some point I will end up tuning it (well before warranty is over) but I'm giving myself a bit more time with the truck. I just bought it in late June so I want to get more familiar with it.

My wife has a Model Y Performance and just like your wife's Mach-E, that thing just goes when you press go.

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man sometimes I think ya’ll are just looking for a reason to chat with eachother. These threads devolve so quickly into “prolly gonna tune soon” or “my wife’s Elantra N roasted a 911”. Just exchange numbers already and text like normal people!