Getting this code and loss of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So twice in the last 2 days under full throttle the engine just stalls and starts to shudder horribly. Check engine light flashes and after about 30 seconds it goes back to normal. Currently have a stage 2 goose tune. Thoughts what would be doing it?
1000014492.jpg

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We spoke via email today. But what I mentioned that the misfire can cause P061A if its bad enough.

I should add misfires on this platform are 99% of the time related to plugs

Good to know.. I was assuming the P061A could cause the misfire code instead of the other way around

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks goose. Going to change the plugs, clean the maf sensors and see where that takes me.

Does anyone think this is a blow by problem or an issue needing a catch can?

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks goose. Going to change the plugs, clean the maf sensors and see where that takes me.

Does anyone think this is a blow by problem or an issue needing a catch can?
Anytime man!

The truck doesn't have maf sensors. It has IAT and MAP sensors though. I'd try the plugs first

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to keep some info here for historical purposes for others in the future. This happened again, but now was cylinder 6. P0306.

Just put in spark plugs and will see how it goes.
My 911 turbo does similar things sometimes and it's due to an over boost situation and the codes are similar. Car doesn't know what to do and shuts down and throws weird stuff.

Ford Performance M-12405-35T​

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to keep some info here for historical purposes for others in the future. This happened again, but now was cylinder 6. P0306.

Just put in spark plugs and will see how it goes.
My 911 turbo does similar things sometimes and it's due to an over boost situation and the codes are similar. Car doesn't know what to do and shuts down and throws weird stuff.

Ford Performance M-12405-35T​

I can almost guarantee it’s the plugs. I had this code and replaced plugs as a step wise process and completely resolved all issues.

I am at 100,000 miles now, got this code at 35,000 miles and never again since change plugs empirically every 20,000 miles. I am still on the OEM coils and wires.

I have been sucking on the @GooseTuned *** (stage 2) since around 28,000 miles and run a lot of straight e85 these days.