Dealer inventory: Scab vs. Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@DrippinRaptor....who was your salesman at Johnson Sewell? I'll even drop your name for a referral bonus even though I still think you're a questionable character.

Ken Wischer was the sales guy. Josh Milam is the guy in charge of special orders. :biggrin:

Agreed, I've never seen a SCAB that's not been a special order.

When I ordered, they let me order my SCAB with $0 deposit and said that if I changed my mind once it got here, they'd have no problem selling it. They also resold my 2012 SCAB in less than 5 days.

Attachments

• Blue Side.jpg
    Blue Side.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone that ordered a Scab have any dealers reluctant or flat out refuse to order one, saying "If you back out, we couldn't sell it"?

No, but when they tried to sell it to me higher than sticker, they warned me it would probably be gone after I walked out the door if I didn't buy it. Meanwhile they had a SCREW that had sat there for a few days.

In retrospect I should have tried to go a bit lower than sticker, but I was just happy to get it.

OP
OP
ThugHunter

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Ken Wischer was the sales guy. Josh Milam is the guy in charge of special orders. :biggrin:

Agreed, I've never seen a SCAB that's not been a special order.

When I ordered, they let me order my SCAB with $0 deposit and said that if I changed my mind once it got here, they'd have no problem selling it. They also resold my 2012 SCAB in less than 5 days.

Ironically, I saw your '18 on RaptorFinder.com and clicked on the auto trader ad because it appeared to be available inventory. I contacted the dealer and planned on driving out to Marble Falls the day I called them and they said it was already spoken for and the owner would be picking it up in a couple days. Didn't know that was yours! I even printed out the window sticker.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ironically, I saw your '18 on RaptorFinder.com and clicked on the auto trader ad because it appeared to be available inventory. I contacted the dealer and planned on driving out to Marble Falls the day I called them and they said it was already spoken for and the owner would be picking it up in a couple days. Didn't know that was yours! I even printed out the window sticker.

That's actually pretty funny :biggrin::biggrin:

They are a small town dealer and care about the customer. That's why our last 2 vehicles came from there instead of the Austin area. And it's a very beautiful town to visit, even better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThugHunter

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
That's actually pretty funny :biggrin::biggrin:

They are a small town dealer and care about the customer. That's why our last 2 vehicles came from there instead of the Austin area. And it's a very beautiful town to visit, even better.

We just bought my wife a new Explorer from Mac Haik in Gtown, so naturally I was telling the salesman that I'll be ready to order a Raptor around August. He said no problem, but failed to mention the 5k ADM I recently learned about last week. I have absolutely zero loyalty to a specific dealer. I'll check with Sewell first and will ask for both guys when I go to place an order.