Dealer inventory: Scab vs. Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a SCAB because a SCEW wouldn't fit in my garage, I didn't need the extra cab space (kids are grown and gone), and I wasn't about to pay extra money (purchase price+insurance+tags) for a truck I didn't want.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 14 was a Screw and after having it I decided I wanted a Scab next.
I don't have kids
Double pano roof wasn't a desire as I'm actually off roading it
I think it looks better
The extended range wasn't a deciding factor (for me)

I had to order mine also. As for resale I'm not that concerned. I haven't seen scabs take a huge hit compared to screws. Whenever I see one posted it seems to sell just as quick as the screws.

OP
OP
ThugHunter

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Like resale value, kids are also not my deciding factor in going for the Scab. I have an 18 year old in college over 1200 miles away, a 4 year old and 2.5 year old. Even with two car seats, I'm not concerned that a 4 and 2.5 year old won't have enough room even if we decided to drive from Texas to Alaska. I can't remember the last time an adult has been in my backseat. That's what the wife's explorer is for.

Blackcell

Reaction score
What i'd like to know is how each one drives? More specifically the differences on the highway and off-road. Turning circle? Rattles/ squeeks from the suicide doors on the scab? etc.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What i'd like to know is how each one drives? More specifically the differences on the highway and off-road. Turning circle? Rattles/ squeeks from the suicide doors on the scab? etc.

Its a truck, it turns like a truck. Even though I have an easier time on some tighter trails getting around corners in a SCAB.

No squeaks at all from my suicide doors.

On road driving is the same from the one screw I rode in.

I custom ordered my SCAB. Dealer didn't argue with me at all and this was in January of 2017. No ADM either.

Less than 10 percent of the second gen (jennies) Raptors are SCABS.

Keith Treder-45.jpg

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently, the SCREWS are more structurally sound in the cabin due to the steel beam that runs down the center.

What is this statement based on? Where did you get this information?

Who buys a $70K truck if they are concerned about depreciation anyway?

Who buys anything if they are concerned about resale value? Just about anyone with a brain.

Raptors have held their value very well. Apparently you didn't consider that when you bought yours but you're lucky in spite of that.