Convince me not to by a SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
you cant put an oem nav radio into a non nav truck. well not cheaply anyways. trying to do that is not feasable not worth the money spent. adding a 12-14 year old sync 1 system isnt a good idea in general. then the gps antenna, wire harnesses that arent there, you have programming needed that ford has to do, its just not worth the time and effort
Gotcha. I’ll probably just stick it out with the radio I’ve got for now.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realise, but don't we say "buy crew cab" and not "by screw cab"
My english is limited , so may I am wrong !

I know you can be screwed but it's different
sorry, spelling mod off (I need to learn)

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you HAD TO drive & park in a Big city daily, including street parking, the SCAB would be the only choice. Same if you lived in an apartment or condo arrangement. A Raptor SCREW, which has another 2 ft of truck behind you, (while less than 1 inch narrower than a Humvee), is kinda like wheeling a dually in town.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Then I guess you answered your own question!
Sorta. I could hopefully sell mine for 24/25ish maybe?? And then go for a screw with higher miles than mine. (I have 152k) mine has about $10k in addons. A decent 2011/12 is around that price.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a 14 and 17 scab.said i wasnt going to buy a screw.i did got a 23 love the truck but not the looks.scabs rule

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove both, and looked at dozens. I too had the garage issue as the only stall that fits the screw raptor is occupied by our garage gym, which my wife will not give up. I thought the scab drove better, and looks better.
That being said, I was worried id outgrow the scab and be in your position 6 months later, so I bought a screw. No regrets. It’s big, it’s not as nimble and it clogs my driveway but its utility is that of a truck and an SUV. It’s a true do it all vehicle.
With all the add ons available for trucks to increase storage capacity, the only real reason to get the screw is legroom. If you NEED legroom in the back for greater than 50% of your missions, I say move to the screw. If not, have someone else drive during those rare times.