Dead battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Odyssey is the best. Had 2 of them in my Lancair aircraft. The first one went 9 years; the second went 8 years. Only changed them out because of age not because they gave up.

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through hell with 2 Optima Yellowtop batteries. Replaced stock battery in December due to added lighting. That battery was bad and ate my alternator. Got a new alternator and new yellowtop and it was bad.

Replaced it with an Oreily Super Start AGM. No issues. Made by East Penn in the USA.

FYI- you can reset the BMS by turning acc. power on and flashing the brights 5 times and hitting the brake pedal three times. You will see the battery light flash 3 times with reset.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just replaced my battery this weekend. Went with the Yellow Top, however, I will say that an Odyssey is my preference. I run Odysseys in all my Motorcycles and have never had an issue. I couldn't find a dealer here in Vegas that sold the right Odyssey for the Raptor. Crossing fingers!!!!!

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just replaced my battery this weekend. Went with the Yellow Top, however, I will say that an Odyssey is my preference. I run Odysseys in all my Motorcycles and have never had an issue. I couldn't find a dealer here in Vegas that sold the right Odyssey for the Raptor. Crossing fingers!!!!!

Amazon has it.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and reach out to the Vendors on this forum they know what works on our Raptors and you usually get a discount!!!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the yellow top I had put in was an H6 - kinda small compared to an H7 which is what I got now in the Northstar.

035cfb8539e7e756f595525fa86a7763.jpg

David Nelson

Reaction score
Got a 2020 Raptor have not driven it for one day. Came out to a dead battery this morning. Lucky I have a Dewalt battery Jumpstart. Drove to town and shut off auto start stop. Picked this truck up new last June have just 11,000 miles. Anybody have this happen.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a 2020 Raptor have not driven it for one day. Came out to a dead battery this morning. Lucky I have a Dewalt battery Jumpstart. Drove to town and shut off auto start stop. Picked this truck up new last June have just 11,000 miles. Anybody have this happen.

Sounds like you may have a failing battery or a battery drain issue. Most parts stores can test the battery and tell you whether it's failing or just low on charge. Any aftermarket equipment installed? That is a common source of battery drain concerns.