Cooper STT PRO????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pics of them mounted up?

I'll try to remember to take some tomorrow, my beauty locks got really scratched when they installed them at discount tire. Been putting off taking pictures until they got back but the people at my local discount are _____ and haven't even sent them off yet and it's been almost three months.

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem, how do you like the tires? Any rubbing?

I like them so far, I have no rubbing that I can tell. I've tried plenty of times to make it rub and I haven't gotten any yet. I've done some pretty hard offroading too. The only negatives are that my mpg's went from about 13 to 11 and the noise is louder than stock tires. Both of those are expected with 37" MT's though.

Here's some pics: (Ignore the would be beauty locks and crappy iphone quality)

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to thread jack but I'm about to drive myself nuts if I don't make a decision. What I'm working with: mid-perch, Fiberwerx +1 fenders, 17" Method NVs and will hammer pinch welds/trim as needed. My choices: Cooper Discoverer STT Pro, Toyo M/T or Toyo R/T. I'm going with 37s for sure but just can't seem to make a final decision. How much trouble am I giving myself by going 13.5" over the 12.5"? Any help is appreciated. And again I don't mean to thread jack.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edit: I'm also on the list for the Geisser Bro springs.

Last edited:

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to thread jack but I'm about to drive myself nuts if I don't make a decision. What I'm working with: mid-perch, Fiberwerx +1 fenders, 17" Method NVs and will hammer pinch welds/trim as needed. My choices: Cooper Discoverer STT Pro, Toyo M/T or Toyo R/T. I'm going with 37s for sure but just can't seem to make a final decision. How much trouble am I giving myself by going 13.5" over the 12.5"? Any help is appreciated. And again I don't mean to thread jack.

Edit: I'm also on the list for the Geisser Bro springs.

Look at the actual tread widths, I think the Toyo MTs are 14" and the STT pro is 13.something for the 12.50. With the offset you shouldn't really have to worry about it

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the actual tread widths, I think the Toyo MTs are 14" and the STT pro is 13.something for the 12.50. With the offset you shouldn't really have to worry about it
How are the Coopers treating you so far? Those were the ones I was leaning towards.

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are the Coopers treating you so far? Those were the ones I was leaning towards.

Pretty good. They're louder than the stock BFG's and they decrease the MPG by about 2 but that's all expected. They dig a good amount in sand at lower speeds but when you get up to speed they're good. Also something to note is they throw a ton of rocks. The spacing in the treads are big enough to chuck some 1" rocks. But like I said, all of that should be expected when going to a 37" MT. I still have to test them in the mud.

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty good. They're louder than the stock BFG's and they decrease the MPG by about 2 but that's all expected. They dig a good amount in sand at lower speeds but when you get up to speed they're good. Also something to note is they throw a ton of rocks. The spacing in the treads are big enough to chuck some 1" rocks. But like I said, all of that should be expected when going to a 37" MT. I still have to test them in the mud.
What are you waiting on? Go find some mud! That's the test I'm most concerned with because of the area I live. I won't encounter sand much at all but there's plenty of red clay and tacky mud. From the reviews and tests I've researched they should handle very well.