Cleaning underside and frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's sad but I have done it once, got under there with a long handled brush and a 5 gal. bucket of suds, I looked like a coal miner when done. Power sprayer would be the way to go if you have one of those. I wash the wheel wells and exposed frame rails quite often but the road funk takes it's toll over time.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you guys use to clean off the dried dirt stains (if thats the right word), my usual wash mitts require a lot of scrubbing but not sure i wanna go to something heavier duty.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
what do you guys use to clean off the dried dirt stains (if thats the right word), my usual wash mitts require a lot of scrubbing but not sure i wanna go to something heavier duty.

Foam cannon followed by 2 hand washes. Can use a quick detailer on stubborn areas after. If they are still there, clay bar and re-wax.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simple green. Dilute 50/50 and use a spray bottle or use the fluid vacuum attachment on a pressure washer, use a scotch brite type scrub pad (on metal bits only).

If they become super problematic you take a grinder to it and apply some flat black rattle can.

And then apply fluid film or your protectant of choice.

As for the original question I just get under neath it, use one of those rolling pressure washer attachments or park over a sprinkler.