Car and Driver - Quickest Pickups Article - Funny Story Follows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it funny that so much attention is given to 0-60mph times on pickup trucks.......which are the least equipped (design-wise) to be quick with hardly any weight over the rear axle.....

HOWEVER, with that said.....I've been taking it easy on my truck given the new tires I just bought before the suspension upgrade; BUT, I did have some guy think he was "Superbad" with his new(paper plates) Rocky Ridge Silverado come up next to me and heard my exhaust as he pulled up. At those 3 Stops, I guess he wanted to flex his new Chitty Chevy......SO, at the 1st one, I took off in a normal manner, with the MBRP announcing I had a TT V6 under the hood VS. his jacked up stock Chevy V8 really pushing it, only to stop again 200 yards later. Then the 2nd stop sign comes, and here goes Captain Chevy showing he's got a V8 under the hood again with me just cruising normal. Now let me say, it is to avoid too many occurrences like this that I don't install any performance upgrade stickers, or the COBB sticker on my truck. 35" tires are not cheap, and I prefer to make them last.......that was UNTIL we reached Stop sign #3, I'd finally had enough of that fool.....so I flip the throttle a hair, and then wait till he leaves the line, and I launch.......with my 35" tall-lugged heavy mud tires(vs his 33's on 20's), my screaming @GooseTuned TT V6 pretty much watched his ass walk back with a 2 truck length gap before he let off in my rearview mirror............pretty funny! Thanks @GooseTuned

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I find it funny that so much attention is given to 0-60mph times on pickup trucks.......which are the least equipped (design-wise) to be quick with hardly any weight over the rear axle.....

HOWEVER, with that said.....I've been taking it easy on my truck given the new tires I just bought before the suspension upgrade; BUT, I did have some guy think he was "Superbad" with his new(paper plates) Rocky Ridge Silverado come up next to me and heard my exhaust as he pulled up. At those 3 Stops, I guess he wanted to flex his new Chitty Chevy......SO, at the 1st one, I took off in a normal manner, with the MBRP announcing I had a TT V6 under the hood VS. his jacked up stock Chevy V8 really pushing it, only to stop again 200 yards later. Then the 2nd stop sign comes, and here goes Captain Chevy showing he's got a V8 under the hood again with me just cruising normal. Now let me say, it is to avoid too many occurrences like this that I don't install any performance upgrade stickers, or the COBB sticker on my truck. 35" tires are not cheap, and I prefer to make them last.......that was UNTIL we reached Stop sign #3, I'd finally had enough of that fool.....so I flip the throttle a hair, and then wait till he leaves the line, and I launch.......with my 35" tall-lugged heavy mud tires(vs his 33's on 20's), my screaming @GooseTuned TT V6 pretty much watched his ass walk back with a 2 truck length gap before he let off in my rearview mirror............pretty funny! Thanks @GooseTuned
Too funny, I am loving my Goosetuned Raptor. Its animal.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I love those lifted trucks that think they can beat a purpose built truck.

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0-60 meh.
For a daily driver what matters is, off the line, merging, and passing.
When my Spidey Senses feel a challenge at a light, left foot goes to the brake/right foot builds rpms.
Those MFs that test me always lose.
Super Cab, weighs less...goes quicker!
Of course.
99% of the time it's just courteous driving.

Last edited: