Buyer Beware: Rifle Colorado Dealership Screws Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd2

Reaction score
As I understood it when I bought my Raptor:

The dealer gets so many 'allocations' to sell on their lot.
Special orders from a confirmed customer does NOT affect their dealer 'allocation'.
My order number from Ford had my name or initials attached to it.

While I waited, they treated me like I didn't exist - I tracked everything myself (including the train ride).
When I went to pick it up the sales manger chewed me out saying that I never should have been allowed to buy an SVT at that price.
Overall, a really ****** experience, but once it was over, it doesn't matter anymore. (My experience is posted on this forum around 2010 - 2011.)
In the end I got my truck. Hope you love yours.

Todd

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sounds to me like the next time im out on the western slope walking back to my hotel half shit faced i have a building to pee on. lets see how they like that! i might even be able to hold it long enough to pee the raptor logo. yes. pics will be posted.

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope the lesson you all learned here, is to call Jimmy Baker at Louisburg Ford and tell him Brian from Castle Rock, CO sent you.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The dealer gets so many 'allocations' to sell on their lot.
Special orders from a confirmed customer does NOT affect their dealer 'allocation'.

Not true regarding allocation. Doesn't matter if it's special order or dealer stock. Ford won't pull any order without an allocation.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same exact experience when I bought mine.

Went through a fleet manager; ordered truck, placed deposit, waited.

Got a VIN... waited some more.

Finally got impatient and finally pulled up the dealership website to find MY truck sitting on the lot with an MSRP+3,000 dealer markup.

NO phone call stating the truck was in (had been on the lot 7-10 days).

Called salesman, tells me he didn't know it came in. REALLY?

I thought, ok, well he's the fleet manager, he's stuck out back with the white fleet trucks and wasn't paying attention... Nope the truck was sitting about 15' from his office door outside the main showroom under the awning in front of God and everybody. Pretty hard to miss.

Meanwhile, I was pissed they didn't call, but glad I caught it before it sold.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

While I waited, they treated me like I didn't exist - I tracked everything myself...
When I went to pick it up the sales manger chewed me out saying that I never should have been allowed to buy an SVT at that price.
Overall, a really ****** experience, but once it was over, it doesn't matter anymore. (My experience is posted on this forum around 2010 - 2011.)
In the end I got my truck. Hope you love yours.

Todd

Basically same thing happened with mine; except I'm pretty sure the fleet manager got the chewing for how he bid the truck. Overall, it IS "just a truck"; lol. But the hype surrounding them is a little over inflated by the dealers.