New Member in Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chenner

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I recently moved to Colorado and am in the market for a new Avalanche with the 37 package.

My current truck is a '14 GMC Denali. I've never been a Ford guy and have had my eyes on the new Denali. Was actually debating between upgrading my truck to the new Denali or buying a Wild Trak Bronco but am now thinking that the Raptor might be a great compromise. The truck will also be my daily driver in the winter.

I had one dealer tell me that ordering a new '24 with the 37 package will have me waiting close to a year for delivery. I question that though...

If anybody can recommend a dealer where I can order a new truck at MSRP (paying above MSRP is a non-starter for me) please let me know.

Looking forward to seeing and participating in some great content.

Thanks,
Bill

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my truck I created a spreadsheet with all dealers I was willing to travel to and their contact information. Called all of them and got info on pricing and inventory. Good luck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF

The Stealership wasn’t lying. Ford’s ordering process for the Raptor is a bureaucratic process compounded by large corporate processes, and worsened by ignorant or dishonest sales staff.
Also, Ford definitely did not acquit themselves well during the ’20-’23 timeframe with severely reduced production, higher than expected warranty claims, recalls and lower quality control.
They did 2 product roll outs - the ’21 Raptor and Bronco that were vaporware for most of ’21 and when people outside the press pool got a hold of them there were still some issues.

Although any dealer can order a Raptor, very few will get any. Ford sells Raptors on an allocation basis, with allocations going to the shadiest dealerships in the country first and in bulk, then to suburban dealerships, then if there are any left over, small, family owned franchises. Certain options can cause delays, bed liner, bead lock capable wheels, no moonroof, etc.
If you want a fully optioned truck, there will eventually be plenty of “dealer stock” trucks on the lots. They will have everything or 95% of options. If you don’t want to spend all that money or you are adamantly against something - like say, the moonroof, well then you give up the tailgate step, because... well, you suck and Ford hates you. <-- yes, Ford bundles the tailgate step with the moonroof.

So, if you do order, just be aware that:
1) just because you placed an order, doesn’t mean the truck will get built
2) just because the dealer says they have allocations for a Raptor, doesn’t mean they actually do
3) Once you decide that’s what you’re doing, you make the order, get what’s called a “DORA” ( do we still get that, or has it changed ? ) and, the actual acknowledgment it will be built is when you’re assigned a VIN
4) from the VIN it could be 3 weeks or 27 months or anywhere in between until you get the truck.

The question is, will it be worth it to you. If you’re on FRF asking the question, probably the answer is yes. I bought mine new in 2017 and it was a chore to get. I bought a dealership stock truck so I found it on the website as it was in transit-ish. about 60 days or so later I had it.

Good luck !

OP
OP
C

chenner

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF

The Stealership wasn’t lying. Ford’s ordering process for the Raptor is a bureaucratic process compounded by large corporate processes, and worsened by ignorant or dishonest sales staff.
Also, Ford definitely did not acquit themselves well during the ’20-’23 timeframe with severely reduced production, higher than expected warranty claims, recalls and lower quality control.
They did 2 product roll outs - the ’21 Raptor and Bronco that were vaporware for most of ’21 and when people outside the press pool got a hold of them there were still some issues...

Thanks for the great information. I just recently started looking into this so your info helps tremendously.

I'm not in a rush. Though I can buy one at anytime I also don't mind waiting a couple of months until the weather improves here. I guess I'll keep my eyes open but will also consider a used '23 with low miles if it's the right truck.