Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popfellows

Reaction score
I’m new to forum. I previously owned a 2019 Raptor that was a great truck until the transmission crapped out in 2022 under warranty. Unfortunately, there were lingering pandemic effects at the time so after months of waiting for parts and service, Ford eventually bought it back. The buyback then necessitated being a buyer in car market at the exact wrong time. I settled on a Defender X. Although it’s a beautiful vehicle, the owner experience has been underwhelming. Plus, I just miss my badass truck. Long story but if anyone has a lead on a new ‘23 Raptor at a price near msrp, I’d be very interested. My general preferences are for one of the two blue colors, carbon fiber, bead locks, factory spray in liner, moonroof package, 2 kw power. Out of state options are feasible, whether that’d be picking it up or shipping it. Thanks in advance.
J

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Plenty of Gen 3's out there right now for MSRP

OP
OP
P

popfellows

Reaction score
Btw, I’m located in central CA. I happened to take a rare weekend family vacation to SoCal for New Year’s and just saw a truck matching most of my wish list as far as color and options. Unfortunately, the dealership seems to be dug in at $20k markup. They’re welcome to it, but after my experience of going thru the buyback process then buying a replacement vehicle at way over msrp already, I’m not really interested in any further fleecing from a dealership.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw, I’m located in central CA. I happened to take a rare weekend family vacation to SoCal for New Year’s and just saw a truck matching most of my wish list as far as color and options. Unfortunately, the dealership seems to be dug in at $20k markup. They’re welcome to it, but after my experience of going thru the buyback process then buying a replacement vehicle at way over msrp already, I’m not really interested in any further fleecing from a dealership.

@RogueClimber had success shopping outside of CA

Not all that hard to find a truck. And it is worth a plane ticket to save the big bucks. And I'd stay away from Ken Grody LOL

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you should totally stay IN the California market, and save non California trucks for non Californians.
#BuyRaptorsLocal
eh, he deserves a break for the moment. he isnt along the coast or major city. i mean clovis/fresno isnt considered major outside the fact there aint shit anywhere else near there. but most central californians are gun loving gass guzzling beef and bacon eaters (however @popfellows owes me a harris ranch fillet mignon ((whole)) or 10 ribeye steaks. hey, small price for my reputation, its on the line here) but like politicians i will switch sides if needed

oh and morning...........